Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wheres the best place to buy the iphone 3g from?

Options
  • 08-01-2009 2:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭

I recently have become interested in getting an Iphone 3g, i already have an ipod touch and an n95 and i was thinking of trading them in for an iphone 3g which will do everything the two of them will do all in one device (plus the n95 isnt as cool as a phone!)
    I have done a bit of research on the net looking to see where would be the cheapest place to buy an iphone from.
    I tried ebay first and they were about 450-500 euro unlocked.
    I then i tried O2 and they were about 500 but they were locked to O2, you can also get them cheaper on some ridiculously priced bill pay plan.
    I then tried ebay again but this time i tried ebay.com instead of ebay.ie and to my surprise they were an awfull lot cheaper about 360 euro including shipping.
    The question i have is would it be worth buying from the US? I found out that the phone will work (as long as i have the unlock sim thing) but my biggest concern is will i be charged custom tax when i receive it?
    I heard that if an item is marked "gift" you can get away with the tax, obviously im not condoning doing this i just want to know if its possible.
    Or is there anyone else out there that knows a cheaper way to get an iphone.
    Thanks in advance for your help.
    Tagged:

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement