Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

BTEA failing fourth year (can i suspend)

• 08-01-2009 7:38am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 470 ✭✭

Hi can anybody tell me what will happen if i fail in my course as regards my BTEA and HEG grant... i've gotten as far as the 7th semester but due to psychological issues it looks like i've blown it...

i was away on erasmus last year and came back to find myself forced to go back with parents after years away.. if i could manage to get some work and set myself up with an apt i'm sure i'd have a better stab at it next year but without the dough it'll be hopeless...

also... will i have to pay back the money, for both the grant and the btea? :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Rifle

Sorry to tell you, but the grant will not be paid in the event of a repeat year - they're more or less telling us to get it right the first time.

I'm not sure about BTEA though. I wouldn't get your hopes up but it might be worth your while asking in your local social welfare office...they may be willing to listen to a plea of exceptional circumstance...

As you've been on Erasmus can you tell me whether it's any problem getting your BTEA for that year (I'm hoping to go to Madrid) and what about this Erasmus grant I've heard of?

Edit:You won't have to pay back anything - you only got what you were entitled to... Anyway, good luck with it.

The grant does have a line which says how it won't be paid for a repeat year except for special circumstances, so there is some leeway, but it isn't easy to get it.

Advertisement