Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any good racing games on steam?

Options
  • 08-01-2009 8:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 83,279 ✭✭✭✭

I liked Gran Turismo plenty but Burnout was where it was at. Something that runs your own music helps too.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

• Registered Users Posts: 83,279 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

anything else?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

RaceDriver: GRID
    Trackmania Nations Forever (Free)

Not sure if it really counts but....Audiosurf? :D

🤪

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Race07 is on steam isnt it?

Supposed to be pretty good sim like I believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

GRID is very good... actually must get back into it as I've never completed it. It has native 360 controller support, it looks excellent. Plus I really love the rewind feature if you crash.

• Advertisement

?? Like Prince of Persia with Nitro?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

Overheal wrote: »
    ?? Like Prince of Persia with Nitro?

no, you know the way most race games have a replay feature that no one ever uses, well in GRID you can use it to rewind areas where you crashed or made a mistake. As you progress through the game you get less of these as you should be getting better. It's a good technique for keeping the difficulty hard right from the start but allowing people new to it to at least have a chance to rewind a few times to see what they did wrong and get it right the second time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

Yep, GRID is good. Handling is somewhere between Burnout and Gran Turismo - so try the demo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 837 ✭✭✭CutzEr

Audiosurf :P

Only costs a fiver..

And you can play your own music.. That's how the game works :P

Yes, It's no burnout but still :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

I think Test Drive Unlimited 2 is due pretty soon. Playing its prequel at the moment(As you can see from my sig) and i think its excellent. Beautiful graphics and a truly "massive" world to explore. Cant wait for the new one. Apparently there'll be about 2500km to explore:eek:. I expect the new one to be on ps3 as well.

Due sometime in 2009 i imagine

• Advertisement

Fnz wrote: »
    Yep, GRID is good. Handling is somewhere between Burnout and Gran Turismo - so try the demo.
    no demo :(

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

http://www.gamershell.com/download_25620.shtml

damn that google and its 1st hit :p:o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

Oh, I assumed Steam would have the demo. You can grab it here anyway: [Link]

EDIT: Also if you do decide to buy it, check out www.find-games.co.uk for the best price before paying over the odds on Steam. Cheapest at the moment is gameplay.co.uk who have it for £15. Granted, I've never heard of the company but maybe someone else can vouch for them.

Steam's price on GRID isn't too bad actually (€30 as of now) but you could have a physical copy for less.

Advertisement