Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How about a pedal?

Options
  • 08-01-2009 9:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 83,282 ✭✭✭✭

I was just thinking, all these ghey ways to fire up your starpower, like the new fat button on the 360 and the old fasioned mercury tilt. Why not give me a pedal? I'd love a pedal. That way you arent messing up your guitar position just to hit up your starpower - it almost always goes wrong.

Anyone else?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Cully

Overheal wrote: »
    I was just thinking, all these ghey ways to fire up your starpower, like the new fat button on the 360 and the old fasioned mercury tilt. Why not give me a pedal? I'd love a pedal. That way you arent messing up your guitar position just to hit up your starpower - it almost always goes wrong.

Anyone else?

Would be awesome to have a pedal for that. Kinda like the "effects" pedals that normal electric guitars have.

I don't see it happening though... would bump up the price. If you see one, please let us know :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

It wouldn't work, because unlike the shake-activation or the big button that's under the Whammy (if you're a lefty anyway) a pedal would not cause you to drop anywhere near as many notes trying to activate it. And where's the fun in that?

Personally, I'd prefer they moved the Wah control to a pedal and left Star Power where it is. Or had an "effects board" with a stomp for the Star Power and a rocker for Wah. Build it on to the wireless reciever for 360/PS3, even. I don't see price being an issue. The band in a box costs the guts of 200 quid and it didn't put anyone off. Another tenner won't hurt! But since it doesn't add functionality that isn't already on the guitar proper, it could be a luxury item like the guitar face plates, false drum cover or stool that you can order off the website.

But thinking about it, if cheap plastic effects boxes are anything to go by it's probably not going to happen because the pedals will get absolutely mashed in the first couple of days of use, and the warranty costs will cripple the company.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cedomination

I think the rb2 guitar lets you use a pedal for starpower,I prefer the select button tbh.

I think the rb2 guitar lets you use a pedal for starpower,I prefer the select button tbh.

I prefer a select button if it's in a decent location.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

The floor *is* a decent location :)
    I dunno, maybe it's just me but I find the button on the Wiitar awkward. I blame being a lefty, but I think it's just that I'm ****. I find the whammy bar stops me from resting the heel of my hand on the star power button during normal strumming.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

A pedal would be genius. I'm sure there are hacks out there, there always are

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    A pedal would be genius. I'm sure there are hacks out there, there always are

There's tons of people hacking toy guitars for use with GH... some are quite awesome.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Have you seen the one where they use a real guitar? I'm sceptical as to the real-ness...

THIS, however, is absolutely frigging class, and has to be watched... RIGHT NOW

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2a497Hom8Gg

Advertisement