Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gone Troppo ! Sleeping in the heat

Options
  • 08-01-2009 9:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭

This has been getting me the last month here in Brizzy.

I love the heat, I train on the w/e in 30 plus and high humidity, go to the beach on mid 30s as 20s are too low :) etc etc

but I have real trouble sleeping in the heat, why does it bother me so little during the day but a mare at night.

I have A/C but I hate sleeping with it, although I will be using it the next while while I get my sanity back.

Grr not much point to this rant other than how do others find it?

Im sure many of the travellers however are burned out from active days or just pissed so its easier.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

I hate sleeping in the heat too. I sleep naked but I'm still too hot. Especially if you sleep with someone else and the two of you are tossing and turning together. Tbh, and I may get abused here, I'm getting a bit sick of summer. I was sick this week and had a temperature and that's not fun in 25C. I wanted it to be dark and cold so I could hide away.

I'll enjoy the sunshine again though this weekend. It's just a blip.

It was 36C in Christchurch today. I was wondering how Crumble Froo is coping!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

watna wrote: »
    I hate sleeping in the heat too. I sleep naked but I'm still too hot. Especially if you sleep with someone else and the two of you are tossing and turning together. Tbh, and I may get abused here, I'm getting a bit sick of summer. I was sick this week and had a temperature and that's not fun in 25C. I wanted it to be dark and cold so I could hide away.

Lol at you giving out about 25C! That's a winter's day here.

We haven't had a day below 30C in Perth for probably two weeks now and I'm absolutely lovin it. Over Christmas I was at the beach every second day body boarding and there's just so much to do in comparison to when it's dull, wet and cold in the winter.

Sleeping is fine too as I don't go to bed usually until I'm absolute bolloxed so I just pass out no matter what.

Basically, summer ftw.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭Doop

In Sydney at the moment, must say i have a bit of a love hate relationship with the heat, cant stand it being too hot at night, but generally it can still be nice and brezzy. Sharing a double bed with someone who is clearly also distressed about the heat (but still asleep!) isnt much fun either. some places seem worse than others (accom), in a hostel now with A/c and i love it, keep it on all night and sleep with a big blanket on the bed! doesnt make much sense but i just sleep better like that.... i think its cos thats what im used to from home!

If you dont like having the a/c on at night try a fan, they can make a big difference :)

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭Arcee

Make sure you have 100% cotton sheets. Some cheaper bed clothes have nylon in the sheets and that is a nightmare to sleep on. Makes you sweat like crazy. Wicked uncomfortable.....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

watna wrote: »

if you get really really drunk the night before, you can sleep through most of the heat the next day, quite oblivious.

also, no im not coping. and people take one look at me, and lol at the thought of me being in sydney. then get viciously attacked by an angry, red, sweaty Froo.

• Advertisement
Advertisement