Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Mondeo - Timing Belt

Options
  • 08-01-2009 10:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭

Folks,

Blonde question coming - try to stifle the laugh :D

I've an 07 mondeo diesel with 62k kms on it - my question (just from reading the Audi A6 issues thread) - does the mondeo have a timing belt, I've previously had Nissans and I understand that they don't have them.......anyway, does it have a TB and if so, how often does it need to be changed????

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Pete67

I'm pretty sure the Mondeo diesel has a timing chain which should last the lifetime of the engine, the petrol definately has.

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭mumblin deaf ro

Here is the full list from honestjohn which should answer your question

http://www.honestjohn.co.uk/faq/faq.htm?id=54

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭OldmanMondeo

2000 on Mondeos have a timing chain, no belt required.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭tred

cjmcork wrote: »
    Folks,

Blonde question coming - try to stifle the laugh :D

I've an 07 mondeo diesel with 62k kms on it - my question (just from reading the Audi A6 issues thread) - does the mondeo have a timing belt, I've previously had Nissans and I understand that they don't have them.......anyway, does it have a TB and if so, how often does it need to be changed????

i have a TDCI and i can concur its a Timing Chain. There is an Auxiallary Belt that should be checked during service for possible changing..but not timing belt.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭cjmcork

brilliant stuff - thanks for all responses.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭mondeoman

is it a 2007 old shape or 2007 New shape Mondeo??

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

The old 2 litre TDCI is a chain, if its the 1.8 TDCI, well thats a belt.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭cjmcork

it's the old shape 2 litre TDCi.................

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

With reference to the HonestJohn site...

Honda: all Jazz, all 2006 Civic including 1.8i-VTEC, all 2.0 litre 4-cylinder, 2.2iCDTI diesel, 2.4 4-cylinder

Does the bold section mean all engines or all Civic engines? :o

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

It would mean all engine's, the 2.0 litre 4-cylinder would be used in more than just the civic

• Advertisement
Advertisement