Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NTL Broadband

Options
  • 08-01-2009 11:45am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭

Anyone know if this is available in Charlesland?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

If the estate is still on MMDS rather than proper cable, then I'd say it isn't. Have they done any upgrades recently?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Its not up and running yet, and I don't know yet either if we'll get more channels

please see this thread here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055434423

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭JanneG

Spoke to the engineer that was out and fixed the issue I had over Christmas etc and the "Cable TV" will be staying on MMDS with the same limited amount of channels as we have today. :(

However, they are currently setting up a new radio link with enough bandwidth for the broadband and phone service that they will eventually be providing.

Also, they are updating all the cabling within Charlesland (and eventually Greystones itself) with fiber cabling, which will mean that the infrastructure may soon enough be up to date.

I would say though, that as long as there aren't enough people subscribing to the phone and broadband service they will be providing, they will have enough bandwith over their radiolink which will essentially mean that there will be no need for them to hook up Charlesland to the fixed network in Greystones village.

But IF they do that, which should be a reasonably simple and straight forward task as there should be ducts available (as Eircom have managed to hook us up to the Greystones phone exchange), then people should be able to get the full wack of cable channels, broadband and phone services that NTL provide.

I, personally, would not hold my breath waiting for this to happen though... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭stevestevenson

I'm "connected" since Friday but am having serious issues connecting to certain sites! Things like google load ok (eventually) but even facebook won't load... nor will a lot of links I click on - totally random! Am I missing something in my settings?

The Network Diagnostics come back ok for it, but I still can't access things like my AVG antivirus updater, etc.

It's starting to wreck my head!! They gave me a Scientific Atlanta cable modem which I've yet to figure out how to link to my wireless router.. but thats a whole other story!!!

I'm dreading calling them, due to their customer 'service' reputation but I may have to bite the bullet tommorow :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Try unplugging the router and and plug back in. Also, have you checked your TCP/IP settings? If you were on another system, like irish broadband, these settings need to be changed.

If you have no luck with UPC...try here

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Mullie

I'm "connected" since Friday but am having serious issues connecting to certain sites! Things like google load ok (eventually) but even facebook won't load... nor will a lot of links I click on - totally random! Am I missing something in my settings?

The Network Diagnostics come back ok for it, but I still can't access things like my AVG antivirus updater, etc.

It's starting to wreck my head!! They gave me a Scientific Atlanta cable modem which I've yet to figure out how to link to my wireless router.. but thats a whole other story!!!

I'm dreading calling them, due to their customer 'service' reputation but I may have to bite the bullet tommorow :mad:

Try switch off your firewall and see if that makes a difference.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

Your query would be better addressed in the Broadband forum: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=259

Advertisement