Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Charleville?

Options
  • 08-01-2009 11:49am

Hey folks, Just got offered work in Charleville and I don't know anything about it. I've passed through it a few times, but never stopped once. Can anyone let me know what kind of town it is, any nightlife, nackers/youth crime, etc?

Thanks for any info.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭dh0661

klaz wrote: »
    nackers/youth crime, etc.

That's a problem in every town I think, but I reckon that you would find a major influx of knackers around the time they have the horse fair there, late June and early July I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭Fionne

The horse fair isn't held in Charleville - it's held in Buttevant, about 10miles south on 12th July each year. Just one day and it's pretty uneventful.

Charleville is a town I only really pass through too and occasionally grocery shop in the new Dunnes Stores. All in all, I reckon it's no different to any town of similar size. It has the usual pubs, nightclub and a hotel. Nothing to write home about but nothing to be too wary of either.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭dh0661

fonril wrote: »
    The horse fair isn't held in Charleville - it's held in Buttevant

Sorry about that :o - I got my towns mixed up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭old boy

it has a nite club called madonnas when it closes its kinda wild, 2 cop cars always busey.

Advertisement