Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Support for firms recruiting from Welfare?

• 08-01-2009 11:59am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭

Hi.

I have two questions, kind of opposite sides of the one coin. I'm posting here on Boards, but I'm simultaneously looking on www.welfare.ie . But if anyone can give me the info outright, or the proper link, I'd appreciate it.

1. Is there any scheme whereby a company can be financially supported by the government for taking a worker off the dole? If so, how long would said employee have had to be on social welfare?

2. A person is signing on. He then returns to work in (possibly) a part-time role for the company above. Does he receive his part-time wage AND a pro-rata portion of his previous dole?

Thanks very much for any help.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 657 ✭✭✭tomred1

1.I never heard of anything. But i have heard of Fas doing a scheme for employers who hire disabled people.
    2.Someone can get a casual payment of the dole while working part-time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭rediguana

Thanks.

I'm pretty sure there USED to be a scheme. Basically the government would part-fund the wage of someone who had been on the dole...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭Nolanger

rediguana wrote: »

1. Is there any scheme whereby a company can be financially supported by the government for taking a worker off the dole? If so, how long would said employee have had to be on social welfare?

Revenue Job Assist - Employers can make a double deduction of the employee's income from their company's taxable income for up to 3 years provided that the employee remains with them.

Back to Work Allowance - means that when you employ eligible workers you may not have to pay your share of their PRSI contributions for the first two years of their employment.

rediguana wrote: »
    2. A person is signing on. He then returns to work in (possibly) a part-time role for the company above. Does he receive his part-time wage AND a pro-rata portion of his previous dole?

Yes - but he must be fully off work at least 3 days Mon to Sat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭rediguana

Thanks for that, Nolanger! Very helpful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭Nolanger

No problem - just remember that Job Assist has nothing to do with Dept Social Welfare - it's Revenue Commissioners that usually run this.
    Also, it's one or the other - not both.

• Advertisement
Advertisement