Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cokin Filter alternative

• 08-01-2009 12:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭

as mentioned here recently Cokin 'neutral' density and polarizor (sp?) filters cast a horrible purplish hue, which ruined a trip to Powerscourt Falls for me last week, so I've decided to ditch them and get something more suitable. I heard Lee filters might be the way to go, anyone have them and confirm that colour cast is not a problem ??

Also, would I be right in thinking that they will fit in the Cokin filter holders ?

ta muchly
    pc

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Anouilh

I use threaded filters.
    They are secure and easy to use.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Ballyman

I've been looking into this for a while also. Singh Ray make folters that will fit the Cokin P Holder. They are $99 a filter though plus P&P direct from Singh Ray. I haven't been able to find anywhere online on this side of the world who sell either Singh Ray or Lees that fit the Cokin Adaptor.

You'd think this would be easy to do!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shiny

Can you post up a few samples of the pictures?

I use Cokin filters but have never noticed the purple hue.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Ballyman

No prob

D5062055D7F44BE786FA9DF75497FEA3-800.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭PaulieC

I have some straight-from-camera pix that I will post later where I tried to Grad ND the sky, but the sky just turned out purple...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭stcstc

i have the lee grads and polariser, they are very expensive but worth it, no issues with them

although if you use enough grads and polorisers at once you may still get some odd casts

the poloriser for example is 180 euros, mind its glass not plastic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shiny

Ballyman wrote: »
    No prob

Do you have any from the day time ?
    (Should have mentioned this in my original question).

I am mainly asking this as the only other samples i have seen
    have been at sunset. like below:
    2372603825_506f29119e.jpg

this from last week using a Cokin ND Grad. Notice the sky...

3180795544_434a7fed66.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭JMcL

Lee are very good, though pricey. Hi-Tech filters (available from Teamwork) also have a good reputation and are a good deal cheaper. Cokin "neutral" filters are a disaster

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

this from last week using a Cokin ND Grad. Notice the sky...

3180795544_434a7fed66.jpg

really like this shot, i kinda like the colour cast these filters give to be honest

• Advertisement

really like this shot, i kinda like the colour cast these filters give to be honest

different strokes I guess. for me it really ruined the shot as it was such a lovely clear day and the sky was really winter blue. Also, to get the shot I had to climb down the rocks and was standing in the pool at the bottom of the waterfall to get it. At least now I know my boots really are waterproof and my tripod is steady in a current :eek:

Advertisement