Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Setting it to Music?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Hi you part of the The Apostrophe Ensemble, yes?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

You should check out NIN's Ghost I-VI album (if you haven't already).
    The whole concept of the album was to add music to photography. Its got some amazing music to go with some amazing photography.
    Here's a link to one of the song with its pic: http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=njI7b2eWljY&feature=related

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

i have done it quite a bit before. It can be hard to find the right music but then I do it with boxing shots so the music I use is quite heavy and hard.

I actually do it using windows movie maker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

I thought I read somewhere, can't find the link now, of some photographer being taken to court by IRMA for not paying music rights, when he used music for image slideshows. Not sure if it was posted on boards before.

Guess you need to use license free music, or else beware of using copyright music on your slideshows.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭Sebzy

Done it for a few wedding sideshows in the past.

Using ProShow Producer and for weddings I usually get a CD from the couple and use the audio from that.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

Paulw wrote: »

Guess you need to use license free music, or else beware of using copyright music on your slideshows.

the nin is is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial Share Alike license.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

I have only recently adding to pictures on music ( my favs) on you tube such as this one .http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=9i4vDnSwjV8

Be intrested to hear if there is a site for using pictures to add to music witout worrying about copyright.I know google images is the most obous one but a lot of the pictures and images tend to become blurred and grainy when uploaded .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I'd be more worried about the music copywriter holder suing! :)

There are a few musos like myself on boards who would donate a musical backdrop to a slide show I'm sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

I dont know if it is true but i heard you couldnt add music to youtube videos anymore, could be wrong.

I dont know if it is a way of getting past the copyright but most wedding dvd people ask the clients to supply the songs they want on their dvd. I guess that means they are not responsible for paying royalties.

I've partly gotten interested in photography as i want to take pictures to go with my music (yes, i got the idea from NIN).
    I'll consider myself more of a musician than a photographer but i thought it'ld be a great idea to combine my two interests together where i could create an album with music, art and photographic. Like an artistic package.

About using other music from other musicians for your photography, i'm sure you can find loads of musicians who'll be willing to agree for you to use their music for your art as it'ld also publicise their music with your pictures. And i think it'ld be done better with music from unsigned artists or not very popular artists as people can use the music to relate to the photograph rather than listening to some popular song while watching a couple of photographs.
    Well, its just a thought...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

mike65 wrote: »
    I'd be more worried about the music copywriter holder suing! :)

What sometime happens if you use a copyright music track from your personell music collection on you tube ,they sometimes send you a note saying you have infringed the coyright of a record company/artist but ....and this is the good bit ....because you are advertising this particular piece of music as a recognition of this artist's ( or words to that affect ) music , you will be allowed to use the track on your selection :. (Like most artists loves free publicity ) :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,735 ✭✭✭mikeanywhere

I use it all the time for weddings, portraits etc and music isnt an issue either as I use royalty free music

I also post them on my sites for clients to see which is always a treat especially for those not able to make the day/event etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,852 ✭✭✭Hugh_C

Anouilh wrote: »
    I am beginning to think about music and how to link images and other media so that photography is enhanced and given a wider appeal. Do many Boards.ies set up slideshows with music?

550 stills shot by me two days ago.
    Set to music.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 694 ✭✭✭kgiller

Hugh_C wrote: »
    550 stills shot by me two days ago.
    Set to music.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/I]

Great stuff Hugh. I really like it. The music works excellently with it too, great choice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,263 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

One from Prodrift in Mondello 2008, I am a commercial user of Animoto.com and this music is from their site and is licensed to use and resell. Sorry about the quality but you know youtube :(

You might wanna take a look at this: http://www.youtube.com/group/ninghosts
    Its the NIN's Ghosts Flim Festival group where people can use the music from NIN's ghosts to make their own videos and post it up there.
    There are some really cool videos over there and if you're inclined you could make a video or two and upload it up there too!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Anouilh

Thank you for sharing such a good link.

Are there any photo bloggers here who also compose their own music?

^I do.
    Well, i'ld say i'm a musician first and then a photographer. I took up photography to accompany my music.
    Just too bad i haven't done anything for a while.......
    But plan is to have something down by the end of summer.

I used to do it a lot for editing video clips.

When I learn to take still photos I might dust off premiere and give it a try.

Advertisement