Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question - stay fixed or go variable

Options
  • 08-01-2009 12:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

My mortgage is currently fixed at 4.73% for the next 3 years. I can come off that for free and onto a variable rate of 4.15% with my current lender. I figure this will save me €125+ pm. I'm siding towards going to the variable rate but interested to hear other views...

For info - my provider is NIB. Their current variable is 4.90% but they are passing on the last interest rate cut of 0.75% on Jan 12th.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Ogham

If your lender is letting you do this without charging you a penalty fee - then do it soon (like today) . ECB Rates are due to fall again next week - and some or all of that may be passed on to variable rates. If there is no penalty today there may well be one next week.

Advertisement