Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Horse Trailer Insurance!?

Options
  • 08-01-2009 1:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21

Just bought a trailer for the first-time yesterday...was sick of borrowing other peoples (sure they were too!:) Anyhow...does anyone know what or how to insure the trailer/box under? Is it house or motor insurance?
    I presume that when I'm towing I'm automatically covered?? or not! Do I need to have seperate insurance to cover against theft from my house etc?
    Any advice would be appreciated.
    cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭otwb

FBD will insure the trailer attached (as per most policies), but also detached from the car - I can't remember how much it cost, but wasn't that bad on top of the car insurance (not sure if they cover the box if you don't have a car insured with them, but its worth a go)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭needadvice

Sweeney walsh and associates do it well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭MDFM

Mine is insured along with my motor insurance - just cost an extra e50 along with the jeep premium. its insured against theft and covered by 3rd party insurance when driving.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 brennan1

MDFM wrote: »
    Mine is insured along with my motor insurance - just cost an extra e50 along with the jeep premium. its insured against theft and covered by 3rd party insurance when driving.

where can i get my car trailer insured in ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 16 fizififi

Allianz do a horse & rider policy under which it is possible to ensure horse box and tack as well as your horse and yourself

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 brennan1

thanks i will contact them to morrow

best regards

philip

Advertisement