Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Volvo Garage

Options
  • 08-01-2009 2:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭

Can anybody recommend any of the Volvo main garages in Dublin?

I have a '01 S60 T5 which has been experiencing rough idle and random loss of power lately which from what I gather is a well known symptom of the inevitable failure of the Throttle Body/ETM for my model and year.

http://vexedvolvo.org/

They did a recall in America but not here. After ringing Volvo customer care they told me that all dealers had been informed to give a free software update, ETM clean and crankshaft ventilation clean which in some cases can help fix the issue or at least delay it.

I have rung a couple of the dealers and while aware of the issue when I mention the free clean they seem to get rather annoyed and after informing me they will ring me back they inevitably don't :P

As far as I know it is a pretty quick job and I have some other stuff that needs to get done too so it isn't like I will be wasting their time completely.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,309 ✭✭✭VolvoMan

Your options are:

- Spirit Motor Group, Sandyford Ind. Estate
    - Koping Volvo, Naas Road
    - Tom Canavan Motors, East Wall
    - HB Dennis Airside

I haven't experience of all of the above, but I had a service done by Canavan's a few years ago and was less than impressed. I only have experience of the parts department in Spirit which I found to be extremely helpful. Koping were also good too from what I remember, but it has been a good while since I dealt with them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,946 ✭✭✭BeardyGit

I've had great experiences with the Volvo service department in Spirit Motors. Hearty recommendation from me anyways.

Gil

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Tr1PoD

Thanks for the recommendations. Going to give Koping a try as they gave me a ring today and said they had checked with Volvo HQ to confirm that the cost would be covered by Volvo and reimbursed to the garage.

I have a few other things to get checked on the car also so will see how it goes :)

Advertisement