Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

areas to let dogs run free??? Dublin?

• 08-01-2009 2:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

Hi everyone,

I am wondering if anyone can help me.
    I own a small staffie, she's a cross with a jack russel so she is really petite.
    She absolutely loves running but being that she's a staffie, I cannot let her off the leash.
    Does anyone know of any quiet/secluded area where I could take her for a quick run and there wouldn't be people around?
    I find it really cruel that staffie can't be let off the leash and to my knowledge Ireland is maybe the only country that has such a restriction :(
    Any ideas/advise would be appreciated - thanks!
    B

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭here.from.day.1

Where abouts do you live? If anywhere near the coast you could try going very early, especially this time of the year very little if any people around. Failing that any forest parks/mountains?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭zillmere

removed at users request

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 babstar

I live in Dublin, northside to be precise. But dont mind driving a bit if it means she gets a run in and she's happy :)

How do I get to the beach between Balbriggan and Skerries and that would be close enough for me :)

B

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭zillmere

removed at users request

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 babstar

Thanks! I'll check it out this weekend :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17 odeacl

I know youre not meant to but if you go deep into the phoneix park where no one else is you could let her off.

Just do a quick sweep around for the ranger!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭Killme00

clairem wrote: »
    I also have a small staffie-x and find the dunes in the bull wall/ dollymount excellent for letting her run free. You can see very far ahead of you so it's easy to throw the lead on when you see people approaching. Because you're in the dunes and are surrounded by tall grass, the dogs cant see too far ahead of them so you can always spot people coming before they do. Another spot I've found is good for a game of fetch or whatever is the field in front of the Royal Hospital Kilmainham (where the circus is on at the moment). You just go in the main entrance and it's on your left just after the small graveyard. You go down to the bottom of the hill and you can let your dog off there. I often see other staffie owners there as well as German Shepards. You only ever see other dog walkers down there as the field is quite mucky which puts people off - bring wellies! It's only a small field though but we find it great as we live so close and only have a tiny garden.
    If anyone else has any suggestions of other places close to Dublin City Centre I'd love to hear.

I am a huge fan of Bull Island and Dollymount myself especially the dunes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Hey guys just be careful what you post about. ;) If you enjoy having the space to let your dogs run free best keep it to yourself. All it will take is one poster who doesn't like the idea of these dogs being offlead to report that it happens there and it might lead to the area being watched.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭ISDW

Hey guys just be careful what you post about. ;) If you enjoy having the space to let your dogs run free best keep it to yourself. All it will take is one poster who doesn't like the idea of these dogs being offlead to report that it happens there and it might lead to the area being watched.

I think you're right helena, unfortunately. I would suggest people edit their posts, and pms are used instead, would be a real shame to lose the only places you can do this!

Isn't it awful what you have to do to allow your dog to have some fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Yup, and we seen an example of that happen here very recently.

Guys, be VERY careful when posting where you let your restricted dogs run free, don't post photos or youbtube clips of them here either - it WILL come back to bite you on the arse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

...yeah, we have a rat, careful everyone, this person is liable to call the authorities! Keep it to PM's if you are going to flout the law and walk your dog off the lead!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

Mairt wrote: »
    Yup, and we seen an example of that happen here very recently.

Guys, be VERY careful when posting where you let your restricted dogs run free, don't post photos or youbtube clips of them here either - it WILL come back to bite you on the arse.

Tell me this isn't due to that one @sshole who was posting here recently who clearly hated all dogs and didn't know the first thing about them???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

No, regular poster, doesn't really know much about dogs. Claims the right to kill a dog if it kills her cat and will pounce on you like a snake with relentless malice if the law is on her side.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 clairem

Oh no Im so sorry. I didn't even think about that. I've deleted it now.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,723 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Thread locked as its gone off topic.Also can someone explain to me whats going on with a user being referred to as a "rat"
    A few people in this thread have referred to what I take is the same person.
    And I would like to know whats going on.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement