Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone BB @ home usage monitor ??

Options
  • 08-01-2009 2:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭

I could use it in December but cant use it this month. I sent an email to vodafone about it and got this back the other day.

Dear Mr. xxxxxx,

Thank you for contacting Vodafone At Home.

I have managed to locate your account details now.
    In relation to viewing your broadband usage, we have been advised
    that this is not possible under the Data Protection Act.

This is something that we are working on, as you may know, this
    service is available to our Mobile customers.

Kind regards,

xxxxxx xxxxxx

Customer Service Representative
    DSL Care & Billing Team
    Customer Experience Unit

how is €ircom and the others getting away with it? and how can they enforce a cap if they cant track it ?

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,494 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Not sure how Vodafone can enforce a cap if they are not allowing users to view there usage or provide a tool to do so.

Funny they mention data protection, why not make a data protection info request under the Data Protection Act for your usage and account details, they have I think 30 (maybe 40?) days to provide you with the info that you are requesting.

Might get them to sort things out ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

They cannot enforce any cap so ...certainly not to the point of charging excess fees :p

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭EyesOnly

thanks cabaal i'll try that an see what happens

Advertisement