Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Holiday Visa ?

Options
  • 08-01-2009 2:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭

Hi do i need a pre booked visa for australia, im irish and have irish passport, i may go to australia soon as a knock on from another holiday, although i have no intentioon of working just [plan on traveling for 6-8 weeks, I may go back in the future to find work at a later stage,
    so can i get a holiday visa when i arrive ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭BlondePrincess

you can get a holiday visa, which lasts for three months, and costs €10, but you defo can't work with it. also, i think it has to be bought here, your travel agent can issue it when you book the flights!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭Notch000

what if i buy it and dont use it can i get another one again ?

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭belleray

I'm getting really confused over this. The travel agency have said I need an ETA, I'll be on a 5 week holiday - no work). From the AU gov website it says Irish citizens can apply but not online but says we can apply for an evisitor online. Can anyone explain the difference to me? more importantly outline if doing the evisitor online I'll be ok.

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭belleray

I'm getting really confused over this. The travel agency have said I need an ETA, I'll be on a 5 week holiday - no work). From the AU gov website it says Irish citizens can apply but not online but says we can apply for an evisitor online. Can anyone explain the difference to me? more importantly outline if doing the evisitor online I'll be ok.

thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 267 ✭✭esharknz

belleray wrote: »

thanks

I think if you go through a travel agent you get an ETA and the travel agent arranges this. If you book online you can apply for an eVisitor online. Think they are pretty much the same thing. Applied for my fiance a couple of weeks ago for an eVisitor (Irish) and got a response almost instantly.

• Advertisement
Advertisement