Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MSc in Sustainable Development

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Sazo

Thanks 4 the feedback,
    I posted it off but no reply yet... Is it in the summer that they notify people? Is work experience hard 2 get?

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭O-Deazy

Just applied for this course myself.. They told me they would reply within two weeks whether I'm going to be offered a place provisionally or not, so fingers crossed! Regarding work experience, I wouldn't say it should be to hard to get. The college have a list of places that took on people before so I'd say if you try one of them you should get somewhere. I mean they don't have to pay so why wouldn't they..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,990 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

Just another similar enough course for people to consider. 1 year in America, 6 months in Spain and 6 months in DIT.

http://www.dit.ie/study/stimasters/program/

O-Deazy wrote: »
    Just applied for this course myself.. They told me they would reply within two weeks whether I'm going to be offered a place provisionally or not, so fingers crossed! Regarding work experience, I wouldn't say it should be to hard to get. The college have a list of places that took on people before so I'd say if you try one of them you should get somewhere. I mean they don't have to pay so why wouldn't they..

O Deazy did you apply with your final year results or are u waiting 4 them?! Wonder if it's just people with results that they give provisional offers to

Sazo wrote: »
    O Deazy did you apply with your final year results or are u waiting 4 them?! Wonder if it's just people with results that they give provisional offers to

No I'm waiting for my results so I just applied going by 2nd year results and what I expect to get overall. I'd say its people that don't have their final year results that get the provisional offers, why would those that already have their results be given provisional places? They said they would reply within 2 weeks so I wouldn't be waiting hard on a reply yet. Are you waiting for final year results as well?

• Advertisement

No I'm waiting for my results so I just applied going by 2nd year results and what I expect to get overall. I'd say its people that don't have their final year results that get the provisional offers, why would those that already have their results be given provisional places? They said they would reply within 2 weeks so I wouldn't be waiting hard on a reply yet. Are you waiting for final year results as well?

I am... alright fair enough I suppose they will get back2us when they are ready!

Which hopefully won't take too long! Good luck the the application anyway.. :)

Just thought Id give this a bump and see if anyone got an offer? Mine came in a few days ago but not sure whether to take it or even defer it for a year..

I got 1! :)

Congrats Sazo.. Are you going to take the offer?

• Advertisement

Congrats Sazo.. Are you going to take the offer?

thanks congrats to u too! Yes i am are u?

No think I'll defer for a year! Want to go do some travelling and see a bit of the world before a fork out a load of money for a masters I mightn't even get anything out of.. At least I'll know where to direct all my questions if I chose to do it :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Dofski

I got offered a place for this coming september (2012). But not sure to accept or not? Can any1 tell me if they enjoyed it or should I look somewhere else :)

Thanks

Dofski wrote: »
    I got offered a place for this coming september (2012). But not sure to accept or not? Can any1 tell me if they enjoyed it or should I look somewhere else :)

Thanks

Hi there,
    In the end I didnt accept this course as i found a very similar one in the University of Aberdeen which cover fees and in the end I had to pay £1000 instead of over 7,000 euro in DIT. It's worth looking into as it's a great course, small number of people in it I am thoroughly enjoying it.

http://www.abdn.ac.uk/prospectus/pgrad/study/taught.php?code=rural_dev

Thats the link if you are interested but if not, no worries!

Advertisement