Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Looking for this t shirt Beckham wore

• 08-01-2009 2:34pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭

article-1105086-02F0EF4A000005DC-67_468x597.jpg

I've been looking on the web and not sure if its this season or last season, I would say Becks normally has the most up to date collection. Haven't looked for it in BTs but just wondering if anyone knew the best place to shop for D&G (including online).

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,013 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

I've been looking on the web and not sure if its this season or last season, I would say Becks normally has the most up to date collection. Haven't looked for it in BTs but just wondering if anyone knew the best place to shop for D&G (including online).

Wow that's as plain as can be. I'm sure something like that can be picked up almost anywhere. Does it specifically have to be D&G?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭irishvamp90

i wish guys would start dressing like men again instead of this metrosexual crap but thats my opinion.anyways its just a white polo shirt penneys or dunnes for a tenner id say?..if it was a formal d&g shirt it might be a good investment for a guys wardrobe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

What's metrosexual about a white t shirt????

I'm as manly as can be baby. :-)

Anyway its the way the collars sit, that's what I like about it specifically. Quite often you get floppy collars with polo shirts. I do know where to pick up t shirts, just wondering about this one. Paul Smith also do nice ones but haven't seen any white ones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

You'll pick up a plain white polo in most places.

Penneys, Dunnes, TK Maxx, H&M...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭irishvamp90

ok i'll come back a bit.plain white polo is not so bad but done in the metrosexual diamond earrings style.plus white on guys is seen as a bit poser sorry but if you wear it plain might be ok:)

• Advertisement

I'd rather shoot myself in the face than wear diamond ear rings. See, I don't even know if its "earrings" or "earings".

White is always good for the summer, I do have a full arm tattoo like he does but I only mention that as white generally sets it off quite nicely.

As girls then, what colour t shirts would you prefer to see on men? Plus, with shirts, what are your views to turning up the sleeves? Now that I have you here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

That photo was taken recently in Dubai so I'm sure you could pick it up in BT or HOF.

Cheers all, I'll have a look around and see if I can find it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭shift

ok i'll come back a bit.plain white polo is not so bad but done in the metrosexual diamond earrings style.plus white on guys is seen as a bit poser sorry but if you wear it plain might be ok:)

think beckham's bad... check the poser behind him.. :pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭LillyVanilli

Does Posh have a really bright light shining on her face or is that just really bad makeup? Her face and neck are a way lighter shade than the rest of her body. Looks strange

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭*Dallas

im guessing thats the flashes of the paps .. ive seen that photo from about ten different angles lol (yes im a gossip site addict)

*Dallas wrote: »
    im guessing thats the flashes of the paps .. ive seen that photo from about ten different angles lol (yes im a gossip site addict)

Oh yeah? Whereabouts? Any good shots of the t shirt? :)

I would say that is the light from a TV camera on Posh's face, more than a flash. You know the kind that have the big light built in.

This is getting close:

5041711.jpg

Don't really like the label though, I've seen them, they are pretty clunky. But I like the collars.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭Flesh Gorden

Bit of an onion in the ointment if you want that exact shirt

I don't see an ampersand between the D G - so looks like its black label Dolce and Gabbana and not the cheaper D&G

so around the €200 minimum :D - and I doubt you'd find it in Ireland either

found it in black though

here

I think they have a €30 delivery fee too - based in Italy so no duty

Cool, thanks for looking, and pointing out the "DG" vs "D&G". That'll narrow it down for me. The black one is slightly different alright, the collars sit like most polo collars do, i.e. flat. Ah not to worry, I'll probably just give up my search and see if I can get a Paul Smith one or something,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭Flesh Gorden

bit of a further note

I 'd really advise against getting a cheap fake from turkey or china - very poor quality -
    they usually smell pretty bad too due to how and where they're made -
    a guy I work with bought one a few months back - its fairly tacky

I've had a few real black label polos thru my hands and you really get what you pay for

(I used to run a shop on ebay till the fees went up and I got a bit tired of people trying to scam me)

don't know if you've ever worn black label but they are extremely fitted -
    alot more then the cheaper D&G when they where made by Ittierre
    they kind of have an ethos that if it doesn't fit - your wrong, not the clothes
    you need to be in pretty good shape to justify one

a few things to remember if your under 5'8" best stick to one thats a maximum length of 66cm (26 ½")
    the 70cm+ ones will look like a dress if you don't have the height to match

so keep it in mind - they're not like a soccer jersey where you could have a chest of 38" and a waist of 44" for the beer belly

id say aswell email the first pic you posted to the site I linked you to -
    they're really good to deal with - and they have around 3 big sales a year
    if you buy from them it should come in a large Dolce and Gabbana box folded between tissue with the brand name on it

Sorry to drag up an old topic, and slight OT as well, but H&M are doing a nice range of t shirts with stiffer collars like this at the moment. 14.95 and in a range of colours, from white and pink and navy to yellow and lime green. Very soft cotton, nicely slim fitted. Got two today.

That's all!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Orlee

If you find a nice TShirt you like bit the collar isn't "stiff" enough just starch it!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

Did you find the shirt in the end OP? This is fairly similar though the collar is different

http://www.asos.com/French-Connection/French-Connection-Plain-Polo/Prod/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=440614&cid=4616&Rf-200=5&sh=0&pge=0&pgesize=200&sort=-1&clr=White

Also if you like that shape of colour/button combo Diesel have something very similar, though in lots of colours other than white

http://www.asos.com/Diesel/Diesel-Trackox-Polo/Prod/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=389905&SearchQuery=diesel%20polo&sh=0&pge=0&pgesize=20&sort=-1&clr=Grey

Well that's it, its the collar that makes it different. Its more the style than the starchiness of it. Regular "polo" shirts have a smaller, flatter collar. These other tees have a higher, longer collar. I did see a Diesel white one but my size wasn't there.

I got a Penguin one which was nice, plus a Paul Smith and now a few of the H&M ones. I did look in BT for the DG one, along with the other brands in there, but a) there was no white ones and b) they were all the flatter collar style.

I'm sure someone here will be able to tell us what that collar is called.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

I wouldn't know the collar name either but I do have that Diesel polo in grey and it's gorgeous, also its went down in price on that site so worth a look

Advertisement