Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Ronaldo crashes Ferrari in tunnel!

Options
  • 08-01-2009 2:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭

2981711746-man-utd-s-ronaldo-crashes-ferrari.jpg#200,200
    Manchester United footballer Cristiano Ronaldo has escaped uninjured after his sportscar hit a roadside barrier.

The Portuguese international's Ferrari was involved in the collision in a tunnel near Manchester Airport.

Ronaldo, 23, was able to get out of the vehicle himself and was spoken to by police at the scene.

A Greater Manchester Police spokesman said no-one was injured in the incident.

The crash happened in the tunnel which takes traffic under the airport runways between Wilmslow and Hale.

The red Ferrari was badly damaged in the collision with the front edge of the vehicle completely demolished.

No other vehicle was understood to have been involved.

One of the wheels had come off in the incident and was about 200 yards behind where the vehicle had come to rest.

United confirmed the incident had taken place and that the Ballon d'Or winner was unhurt.

A club spokesman said: "He was involved in an incident this morning. No other cars were involved. He's fine and is training as normal with the team this morning."

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/21/20090108/tuk-man-utd-s-ronaldo-crashes-ferrari-6323e80.html

invest4deepvalue.com

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,505 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Imagine the tailbacks due to people rubbernecking! :eek:

He must have given it an awful wallop at a decent enough speed - the front of the car is in bits.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭Ferris

Surprised he didn't fall out of the car and roll around holding his shin while pointing at the crash barrier ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭Gone Drinking

Thank fcuk he's not injured!

He'll just buy a new one with next weeks wages anyway ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭.Longshanks.

Ferris wrote: »
    Surprised he didn't fall out of the car and roll around holding his shin while pointing at the crash barrier ;)

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭McSpud

Too many step overs again?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭.Longshanks.

Robbed from Football365 forum
    otepl0.jpg

Apparently Fergie to call Ferrari and complain that his players need more protection

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Mena

That poor car :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,312 ✭✭✭Homer

Heroditas wrote: »

He must have given it an awful wallop at a decent enough speed - the front of the car is in bits.

Not necessarily. As I found out to my detriment over xmas a car with the engine in the rear has very little up front other than an empty boot to cushion any front impact and tends to crumple even at low speeds :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Unregistered.

Heroditas wrote: »

Granted that you haven't, but I don't think it's fair to say he was speeding based on the pictures in the tabloids. High Performance Sports cars are rarely "beefed" up or anything in case of high-speed car crashes because, in theory, they shouldn't happen. However, the body of many of these sports cars are designed to absorb as much of the impact as possible.
    Hence the damage done in the photo above could have been done at only moderate speeds!

I'd love to know how it happened though! The wheel falling off a Ferrari - I hope he kept the receipt!

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭DanGlee

HAHA...

He's suck a p****!
    Surprised he didn't fall out of the car and roll around holding his shin while pointing at the crash barrier

Love that quote! Spot on!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 44 lb163

Too many step overs!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Cormic

Well done sir.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭WithCheesePlease

Quote of the day...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Now i have even more reason to hate him...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭Tristram

Bravo!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 irishiceman

quality :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Witnesses at the scene of the crash said he was only lightly tapped by a car from behind, when all of the sudden the car flipped over and rolled ten times. It then span around on the spot for two minutes, then all the wheels fell off and it caught fire.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

Witnesses at the scene of the crash said he was only lightly tapped by a car from behind, when all of the sudden the car flipped over and rolled ten times. It then span around on the spot for two minutes, then all the wheels fell off and it caught fire.

LOL, ROFLMAO !! :pac: :pac:

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

Mena wrote: »
    That poor car :(

...yeah, bloody Italian kit cars.......pure ****e, pure ****e I tell ya !!

You see, Ronaldo thought the car had a 5-star Kneecap rating, and was looking for the morning off training......... (ducks......)

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Greater Manchester Police (GMP) said his team-mate Edwin van der Sar was following in his Bentley, but the Dutch keeper was not involved in the crash

My guess is they were racing each other or something the gob****es..Btw move to AH or soccer???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭spav

:D

Then applauded sarcastically at the tow truck taking his Ferrari away.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,685 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Homer wrote: »
    Not necessarily. As I found out to my detriment over xmas a car with the engine in the rear has very little up front other than an empty boot to cushion any front impact and tends to crumple even at low speeds :mad:

Except that a 599 GTB has its engine in the front.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭Bandara

I just know he was looking in the mirror when he crashed.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭glossy

:D:D nice one ....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭dlambirl

What a t!t

• Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭DirtyOilBurner

Why did he hit the wall? Because it wasnt ten feet away!! :D:D

Crashtiano Ronaldo! :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭DJ Hafez

Why did he hit the wall? Because it wasnt ten feet away!! :D:D

Crashtiano Ronaldo! :D:D

Heard that on 2fm this evening :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭DirtyOilBurner

Whats the chances of that, both of us coming up with same joke! :p:D:p:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,238 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Give that man a coconut. :D:D

• Advertisement

Hammertime wrote: »
    I just know he was looking in the mirror when he crashed.

....but he probably didn't even see the Bentley, he uses the mirror to check his make up........you know 'mirror-lipstick-maneouvre'....:rolleyes:

Ode To The Motorist

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement