Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Living and Working in Ibiza- Summer 2009

• 08-01-2009 3:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 668 ✭✭✭

I'm planning on heading over on May 16th and staying till the closing parties. Anyone have any advice?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 174 ✭✭Griff77

Mate did it, loved it but needed about six months to get his head together after it and he came home early...

He worked as a club rep, sh*t pay but free into clubs etc. If you can get bar work you'll be laughing though and you won't need to be always bouncing of the walls energy bunny :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 25 kenji

Love to do it myself,think i'll go for a month or so this season though..
    You going alone?Best time to be there for the better jobs would be april,also a bar there called the ship inn where everyone advertises jobs,accomadation etc
    Check out Ibiza spotlight forums,really good site for everything Ibiza...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

Go for it man id love to do it myself i was in a position to do so, i know it's cliche but try not to burn out too quickly otherwise you wont last the full season, avoid that nasty Ketamine that is now rampant over there, people monged out of their minds stuck in a K hole :eek: horrible... i suppose getitng a job as a rep is your best bet or if you can speak Spanish go to Playa D'en Bossa or Ibiza Town and you'll earn more €€€, otherwise it'll be the west end or San Antonio Bay, you'll no doubt come back 3 stone lighter and slide into depression but cross that bridge when you come to it, have a deadly time.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 668 ✭✭✭FLYNN-DOG

I'm heading over on my own, but my gf is joining me at the start of June after college. Shes fluent is Spanish so that should help, yeah heard about the Ship Inn. Ibiza-voice is another good one too - is it easy to get jobs just during the day? We dont really wanna work at night and hope to share an appartment with another couple or something like that. Yeah wanna avoid the coke and k heads alright, can hardly advertise that if i was looking for people to move in?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

have friend who did it.you literally work evryday and try and go out every night.you will most likely not get a 9 to 5 type job(obviously) and wont get many days off.
    she said it was great but never again will she do it.
    she also said dealing with pissed up irish and english dickheads wasnt fun.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

FLYNN-DOG wrote: »
    I'm heading over on my own, but my gf is joining me at the start of June after college. Shes fluent is Spanish so that should help, yeah heard about the Ship Inn. Ibiza-voice is another good one too - is it easy to get jobs just during the day? We dont really wanna work at night and hope to share an appartment with another couple or something like that. Yeah wanna avoid the coke and k heads alright, can hardly advertise that if i was looking for people to move in?

Sharing an apartment not a problem, loads of apartments going no doubt,yeah you could get a job during the day in a cafe or something but would you get up in time to go to work after being out raving all nite:D

Advertisement