Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

C&C Landscape - Lough Neagh

• 08-01-2009 3:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,570 ✭✭✭

Alrightio,

Here's a second try for some feedback please. So we went out to Northern Ireland and ended up at Lough Neagh so plenty of photo ops there!

This time I've actually read my instruction booklet from the camera and tried to get the right exposure and shutter speed... Notheless I'm pretty sure I need to some more reading! :-)

3179076023_7b7cf1d0c7.jpg

3179912598_b25ff75b72.jpg
    photostream

3179905530_e75b594796.jpg

I like the last one best, but overall am quiet happy about the pics - coming from a simple cybershot I can see the difference!
    photostream

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,966 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

The last one is really nice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 251 ✭✭bretttp1

Beautiful shots, a bit of processing on the second one to bring out some detail in the dark foreground is the only thing I would do.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Ballyman

In the first two you have exposed the sky correctly and in the third you have exposed the foreground correctly!!

To expose these kind of shots correctly, where you have large ranges between bright and dark, you need to either have some filters to bring down the brightness of the sky to the foreground or else take two photos, one to expose the highlights (sky) and another to expose the shadows (foreground) and then combine the two in PS afterwards.

The third is far and away the best of the three as there is some foreground interest in the photo whereas the other ones have nothing to catch the eye as such.
    If you could have gotten down lower to the ground as well it wold help the photo but it looks like there is a fence of some sort in front of the boat so it may not have worked this time. There is a very good photo in the third one somewhere though.
    Maybe go back again and try different angles etc and see how you get on.

Good start all the same though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Ballyman

bretttp1 wrote: »
    Beautiful shots, a bit of processing on the second one to bring out some detail in the dark foreground is the only thing I would do.

I have to ask, and I don't mean to insult anyone here, obviously beauty is in the eye of the beholder and all that but can you tell me what is beautiful about each of them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,570 ✭✭✭sNarah

@ Ballyman, no offence, I can see what you mean, and I do agree with the fact that beauty is a very subjective item! In French they have a saying which goes: "There can be no discussion about taste & colours", which I think fits this discussion very well!

I have edited that 2nd photo to highlight the foreground a bit more, which did result in loss of "details" and colouring of the sky.

3179155087_d3ef68eeac.jpg

Thanks for the feedback anyways!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Love the 3rd shot. Any sign of one of these:
    Thick Eel
    Date / Time: 1986
    Further Comments: Two people in a two man kayak quickly headed towards the shore after spotting a long black creature under the water with a body the thickness of two human legs.

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭djd80

I think the second one would be even better than it already is if either the tree was completely in the shot or completely out of the shot rather than half in

Sabotage wrote: »
    Love the 3rd shot. Any sign of one of these:

Um, no, not a sight of any human footed creatures, thank god:D!

So would this be the Nessy of Lough Neagh then? :confused:

dar_d wrote: »
    I think the second one would be even better than it already is if either the tree was completely in the shot or completely out of the shot rather than half in

I tried to crop it with the tree out and it looks like rubbish :) and getting the whole tree in unfortunatly is not an option at this stage unless I drive back up!

But will remember next time!!

Advertisement