Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

perth

Options
  • 08-01-2009 3:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

Hi all, my first time here, just wanna say hi, i'm heading out to perth at the end of the month, any suggestions of where to live, and how many gaa jerseys should i bring i was thinking 12 and at least 3munster ones as well:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Sydney is over there
    >

We've enough GAA jerseys in Perth, especially any Munster ones.

But anyway, vague question is vague with reagrd to where to live. It's like saying "I'm moving to Dublin, tell me what areas are good and bad" because I would have an extensive list for both.

Will you be on your own?
    Will you be wanting to be close to the city?
    If not does public transport matter or will you be getting a car?
    Any particular ammenities you'd like close by e.g. sports clubs, shops, cinemas etc?
    Close to the beach or it doesn't matter?
    Shared accomodation or your own place?
    Somewhere nice or student-y?

You see what I'm getting at.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 fergmc

ah i see what your getting at, firstly where ever i rent there will be a ban on all gaa jerseys including dubs and no munster jerseys.
    yeah sorry very vague
    right looking for somewhere close enough to a nice beach, somewhere thats close to a good public transport system, i'm not really looking for a student type place, there are 2 of us so a 2bed place, a few folk recommended cottesloe?? what do you make of that area,

Yeah Cotteloe isn't bad but a bit 'yuppie' if you get me. I'd say it would be pretty pricey.

For two people who want to be near the beach and public transport then I'd strongly recommend Scarborough which is in the northern suburbs about 15 minutes drive from the city.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 fergmc

thanks man, we'll be staying in some hostel for the first week or two till we get to know perth,
    if we are to take the beach out of wants where else would you suggest

Ah man the possibilities are really endless but basically you want to be along either the Clarkson or Fremantle train lines. If you are in a suburb beside either of those within say 25kms north and 15kms south then you'll be perfect.

They are the blue and green lines on the map below and the named stations are also suburbs -

perth.png

• Advertisement
Advertisement