Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sensor Cleaning Meet-up

• 08-01-2009 3:47pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Any interest in a meet so that newer people can learn how to clean their sensors?

The costs of swabs & fluid would need to be sorted between individuals (possibly a swap for Pints?)

I don't mean for this to be a Free Sensor Cleaning service, but more instructional. The newer people can then look at various gear & techniques & then will be able buy the system they like & do their own cleaning.

This can be organised in various locations around the counrty if there is the interest. Maybe even combined with another activity.

Discuss.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,517 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Sounds like a plan, mine needs to be cleaned big time and I honestly haven't a clue how to do it properly, I could also do with recommendations on where to get the kit to do it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭ThOnda

Count me in. My cleaning is waiting in a parcel at the Post office (I was home but the postman didn't bother with ringing the doorbell).
    I love manuals, but seeing other people attempting to avoid any damage of their precious cameras would be fun, especially in a pub.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

I would support this certainly. Nothing better than demonstration to get the point across.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Buzz Lightyear

Sounds like a great idea Tony - nothing worse than white spots and cloning. Count me in

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

Will need some people to volunteer as "Demonstrators"

In Dublin I may be able to organise a venue for this, if I ask permission.

Any other areas interested in doing a similar meet?

• Advertisement

This Saturday (09/01/09) early afternoon, so I have time to take a few snaps? My kit arrived :pac: and I am not willing to do a lot before I clean my sensor.

Nobody to meet? I'll start reading the instructions after lunch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

Jeez don't know how I missed this thread!
    I bought a rocket blower yesterday and while it was good I do want to learn how to clean my own sensor...
    Can we try again next Saturday?

Well, a little blow-job sorted my issues, but we could still meet, if it does rain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭shepthedog

Would definitely be interested in this.. My 30D is showing some nasty spots..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭sineadw

My sensor is bloody filthy! And I'm terrified of cleaning it. Would DEFINITELY be into this..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

CabanSail wrote: »
    Will need some people to volunteer as "Demonstrators"

Done and done. Have been using the copper hill method on my cameras for years and if I dare say, I've introduced it to more than a few of the more established regulars here.. As always (and bear with me, I haven't said this in a while); "Will clean sensors for pints".

So the question is what venue would suit both purposes.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

I will be at DCC on Sunday at 11am for a Beginners Outing. Would be willing to be there an hour earlier if that were suitable?

I have not been well the last few days & there are no takers for this Sunday.

Will make this another time.

Thank you for the offer and I bet we will be more than happy to organise it in the future.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭jaqian

CabanSail wrote: »
    I have not been well the last few days & there are no takers for this Sunday.

Will make this another time.

Great as I couldn't have made it as I was selling one camera and buying a lens for my new one :)

Having just bought an slr I would be interested in learning how to clean my camera.

Rob

Advertisement