Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ububtu 8 Clean Install on a New Machine

• 08-01-2009 4:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭

I have Ubuntu 8 installed on a new machine but I had to install over Win XP.

My question is how can I install Ubuntu on a new machine without having to put in Windows first?

I want this machine to be Windows free.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 279 ✭✭velocirafter

the ubuntu install cd should be able to do that for you, when you boot from the cd and select install there will be a section where you set the partitions up whatever way you want to

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

You don't need Windows to do it! Tell the Ubuntu install to use the entire disk when you get to the partitioning stage and it will work out its own partitioning.

Advertisement