Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Holographic Scare Tape - any Irish supplier?

Options
  • 08-01-2009 4:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,401 ✭✭✭✭

I have a problem with the local birds thinking that my weather station rain gauge makes a perfect perch and they tend to leave a little something behind which keeps clogging it up.

I've read that Holographic Scare Tape apparently scares them away without causing any harm so that sounds ideal to me.

Has anyone seen this stuff for sale here or know of an online supplier that will deliver to Ireland?

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭lucylu

I got a roll of holographic tape in Hennessys Garden Centre outside Kilkenny over the weekend in their Christmas Decorations sale. it was €1.49.

I have the same idea as you to keep birds them off my cabbages :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,401 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Great, thanks Lucy, I wasnt sure if the stuff was on sale here, hopefully I'll find it in a garden centre here so :)

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 macdonagh

I got some of this in B&Q last Spring was trying to keep magpies from attacking seedling orchids i had on a table under the tree they were next building in. It worked

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Strip some tape out of an old VHS cassette, tie both ends to something and it will flutter in the wind, birds don't like it.

Advertisement