Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Help PAYE..In The Netherlands

• 08-01-2009 4:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hello Guys,

First off all i want to thank anybody who reads and reply's to this message.
    I Have a question regarding my taxes in Ireland, as no one at the revenue could answer it and and my payroll department gave me a strange anwser.

I was living and working in Ireland from august 2006 till 31dec 2008, as a good citicen i was paying all my taxes and was enjoying lovely ireland till the top.

As i am working on a commision based salary that gets payed by my employer on a quarterly base i will receive some money (about 15K) somewhere in 2009.

this money is left over from my work that i did in Q4 2008. my employer will pay this to my irish bank account that is still open, i asked them how much tax i will pay for this and if i will get some tax credits, i also asked the Dutch tax ofice where i should pay tax.

this where the anwsers.

Payroll told me that i will get for example 15K payed in 1 week somewhere in July, they told me that they will make i look like i only worked one week in the whole of 2009 and i earned that money in that week, basicly what they are saying is that 95% of the amount will be taxed on 41& exc 3% levy.

the dutch tax office says i should have to pay anything in Ireland but all of it should go to the Netherlands as i am living here and paying tax her with my new employer.

When i left ireland i tought it would be like this, lets say i get payed the amount in month 6 i willl get 6 months of tax credits...

No one can give me aclear anwser on what i should do to pay as minimal amout of tax as possible here in the netherlands and in ireland for this amount.

I hope someone know the awnser and what i should do.

Again thank you very very muchfor the help, and thank you ireland for the great time.

Warmest Regards,

Onur

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 988 ✭✭✭IsThatSo?

You will be non resident in Ireland in 2009 and that may have tax implications also. I am basing this on your payroll dept making it look like you worked for one week in 2009, you have to be resident in this country for 6 months of the year to pay tax, you will not be resident at all. The tax office might view this differently though as you actually earned the funds in 2008.

Your best best is to ring your Irish tax office and run the situation by them. I wouldn't be relying on your payroll dept to provide you with the answers in this situation.

Between your Dutch tax office and the Irish tax office you will work it out :)

Its possible that you might find some info here:

www.revenue.ie

Advertisement