Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Athlone Newsagents

Options
  • 08-01-2009 4:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭

Is there anywhere other than Easons who do a wide range of magazines in town anymore? Newsfare is gone completely isn't it? Anywhere else?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Saint_Mel

whyulittle wrote: »
    Is there anywhere other than Easons who do a wide range of magazines in town anymore? Newsfare is gone completely isn't it? Anywhere else?

I think theres a one at the Library exit of ATC. At least I think its a newsagents, never actually set foot in the place :)

Other than that I cant think of anywhere else off-hand

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭whyulittle

I think they've closed down.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Saint_Mel

whyulittle wrote: »
    I think they've closed down.

Ooops, didnt realise, havent really been in the centre much.
    Could the last business to leave Athlone Town Centre please switch off the lights!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭lt_cmdr_worf

Mulligans Londis on the Roscommon road have a decent range of magazines on show.

Thanks worf, I'll check them out.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭kim_eire

Tesco's, Dunnes

Had already checked both - Tesco are better than Dunnes, but still didn't have what I wanted. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

I've had simliar problems finding good newsagents in Athlone, even to the point where Easons in Roscommon Town has a bunch of magazines and books not in Easons in Athlone, despite the Roscommon branch being far smaller and dinkier.

Luckily for me, any time I got to Athlone it brings be through Roscommon Town.
    If you're looking for any store in Athlone that in any way rivals Easons range, you're very much out of luck.

Easons are great in fairness.

Was looking for a book a while back, which I found on their website. So I went into town to get it, along with all the publishers details/ISBN etc printed off from their site.

Looked around and couldn't find it, so I went up to the counter and handed her the details, and asked her could she order it in for me.

"Oh no, we can't get that in for you, it's an American publisher."

"But it's on your website, I saw it there before I came in."

"No we can't get it for you, it's an American publisher. You'll have to go on to Amazon to get it."

Then she kindly printed off all the publisher/ISBN details from the Eason website (where it is available to purchase and where I printed off its details in the first place) and handed it to me.

"Thanks, you've been a great help." :)

Advertisement