Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

can they change my hrs when they like?

Options
  • 08-01-2009 4:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

I have been working in a supermarket for 7 years, I recently asked for a morning shift on a particular day instead of my usual evening shift.I was allowed this, and signed a sheet of paper to say this would be for a trial period of 4 weeks- manager also signed. Now they want to change me back to the original hrs in the evening :( the trial period ended well over a month ago. I thought once the trial period was up they couldn't just change their mind??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Unless it states your hours in the contract, I'd say they can put you in any shift they wish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭ALFIET

crazym wrote: »
    I have been working in a supermarket for 7 years, I recently asked for a morning shift on a particular day instead of my usual evening shift.I was allowed this, and signed a sheet of paper to say this would be for a trial period of 4 weeks- manager also signed. Now they want to change me back to the original hrs in the evening :( the trial period ended well over a month ago. I thought once the trial period was up they couldn't just change their mind??

Sorry OP but they are entitled to change your hours given the circumstances you describe above.

A trial period is just that...a trial which they need to revoke due to business needs or whatever.

You could ask that where possible in the future they consider facilitating your morning shift if they could... esp as you have been there 7 years, they obviously rate you as an employee so a win win for both through mutual give and take. But in this current cirumstance unless your contract states different they are perfectly within their rights

Advertisement