Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spending Money For Perth

Options
  • 08-01-2009 5:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭

:rolleyes::rolleyes:Hi Everyone, :cool:
    I'm going on a month long holiday to Perth in July, but don't have a clue how much spending money i will need. I'm going with my boyfriend, and we're staying with friends for the first week or two, but for eating out/drinking/clubbing/souvenir shopping etc., would $4000 aus dollars be adequate?
    all help is greatly appreciated :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

$4000 is about €2000

Supermarket shopping is cheaper than at home.

You rarely if ever have to pay for nightclubs but drink prices are the same as say Dublin.

Do you plan staying centrally? If not then taxis come into the equation.

Sights wise, if you want to do the good stuff then it will be pricey. E.g. swimming with dolphins (which is amazing) will cost the best part of $200 each. A trip to Rottnest Island (also great) will set you back a few hundred as well.

Lying on the beach will cost you nothing, but in July it'll be cold and wet so I doubt you'll be doing that anyway.

There's plenty of great sports on around that time of the year and ticket prices aren't too expensive (tickets for Aussie Rules can be as little as $25).

The shopping isn't anything spectacular, and prices would be similar enough to home.

To summarise, if you want to make the most of the holiday then $4000 might not really be enough but it will get you by.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭dSTAR

Xavi6 wrote: »
    There's plenty of great sports on around that time of the year and ticket prices aren't too expensive (tickets for Aussie Rules can be as little as $25).
    Return tickets from Perth to Melbourne - $290
    Entrance to MCG to watch AFL game - $70
    Watching a Victorian team play - PRICELESS

Seriously you could go cheap and cheerful and get by. If you aren't out on the piss every night or eating out all the time you could quite feasibly live on $4,000 for a month. I know I could.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

you really need to rent a car and go to margaret river and maybe up north a bit, I really dont know why someone would come on a month long holiday to perth. I hope you mean perth and the surrounding regions!

I watched a Victorian team last season - the Saints - and they were battered by the Eagles. G'wan the west! :cool:

I watched a Victorian team last season - the Saints - and they were battered by the Eagles. G'wan the west! :cool:
    The glory days of the Eagles are OVER.

Two words ...

Judd

and

Cousins

Lolz :D

• Advertisement

dSTAR wrote: »
    The glory days of the Eagles are OVER.

Two words ...

Judd

and

Cousins

Lolz :D

I won't hijack the thread much more but the Eagles will be in a Grand Final in the next 6 year with the current batch of youngsters at the club. The next generation are on the way through. Just watch.

I won't hijack the thread much more but the Eagles will be in a Grand Final in the next 6 year with the current batch of youngsters at the club. The next generation are on the way through. Just watch.
    QFT

I admire your optimism.

As far as the OP goes some of the best things in life are free such a watching the sun set on the beach with your boyfriend or just checking out the diverse wildlife that you get in Australia or even some of the amazing national parks. It doesn't all have to revolve around spending.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

i was in Perth in 07 for about a month. Stayed with my cousin. You should take a week or so, and do the ring of the south west, from Perth down to Augusta, then across to Esperance, up to Kalgoorlie, and back to Perth.

a day/overnight trip to see the Pinnacles maybe. nice to see them at sunset.
    and maybe a trip up to new norcia (is that right??). I never got there...
    I wasted a few days when I was in Perth because of pure laziness, just laid out at the pool in the cousins house, when I really should have done something.

Rottnest is worth a trip, and you never need an excuse to go to Fremantle.
    Go to the maritime museum and prison in Freo...

I'm sure those living in PErth will be able to tell you all you need to know..

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭BlondePrincess

cool, thanks for all the elp and advice. we're actually gonna wait til september now, cos we've heard the weather will be crap in july, don't wanna go from rainy ireland to rainy perth. we're goin there cos we have friends livin there, but we are planning on going to other parts! :)

cool, thanks for all the elp and advice. we're actually gonna wait til september now, cos we've heard the weather will be crap in july, don't wanna go from rainy ireland to rainy perth. we're goin there cos we have friends livin there, but we are planning on going to other parts! :)
    No worries princess. Spring is a beautiful time to come to Australia. Its not too hot and everything is coming in to bloom. There is a certain magic in the air...

/Ends poesy

• Advertisement

The weather will be crap in September too.

If you're going to come then do it between November and MArch/April.

Advertisement