Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What to do??

• 08-01-2009 6:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 44

My original plan was to travel to bangkok with my bf then we'd make r way down thro malaysia and singapore. Fly from there down to Sydney and travel around for a while. Only prob is now he cant afford the spending money and taking out a loan is just not an option at the moment. So now I dont no whether to find some1 else to go with (which myt be hard as they dont have alot of notice) or do the J1 and go america with the girls instead.

My job is gone come April so I want to do something and I begin my new job in Oct and will be contracted up til 2013 so this is my only summer to go until then.

What should I do? Oh and i dont really wana travel alone. HELP!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭Neamhshuntasach

Well if you can find someone fair enough but i think i'd put going to Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore and Australia ahead of a J1 in the US. Even if it meant going at it alone. I never liked the idea of traveling alone but was forced into it when my mate had to go home early. You are constantly meeting people and you tend to meet more people traveling alone than groups. There is really that many out there at it. I wouldn't let that hold me back. I'm heading off to Colombia by myself next week. Something i wouldn't have done before a few years ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,608 ✭✭✭breadmonkey

J1 will be absolutely great craic. Thailand, Singapaore etc will always be there but the option of a J1 won't so I say go for that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 709 ✭✭✭mac123

you need to be a student to do the j1 so thats not really an option.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 susie-q

I'm a student up til May so I can do J1 but this would be my last year to do it.(the job I have at the mo is jus p/t) Id just be afraid that Id be stuck in the one location in America. When i think j1 i think students getn drunk id rather travel and see temples and do real things like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭TonyD79

With the whole travel thing you will meet loads of people and get to do both-nitelife and see stuff..J1 is really for 1st and 2nd year students,surely you will find it a bit too immature if your over 21 and besides spending two months in one place is way too long like how many house parties can you go to. If I could go back in time I would have done some travel straight after college. All your firends going on the J1 more than likely will be doing the whole South America/OZ/Asia travel thing after college are you gonna give up a good job or break a contract then?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,608 ✭✭✭breadmonkey

susie-q wrote: »
    I'm a student up til May so I can do J1 but this would be my last year to do it.(the job I have at the mo is jus p/t) Id just be afraid that Id be stuck in the one location in America. When i think j1 i think students getn drunk id rather travel and see temples and do real things like that.

I stand by my advice. The temples will always be there, the opportunity to get drunk solidly for a few months won't.

Advertisement