Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harrows Powerpoint Darts

• 08-01-2009 6:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭

hi, im almost 100% sure these are the darts i used throw when i first started playing, i was playing very well with them and made the county team and all but like an idiot i changed them, sold them to a friend and just have never felt right with a set since. i've been looking at them now and they appear to have been developed with a powerpoint technology thingy where it reduces bounce outs. just though i'd throw a post up and see does anyone throw them and how they find them?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

Dexters16 wrote: »
    hi, im almost 100% sure these are the darts i used throw when i first started playing, i was playing very well with them and made the county team and all but like an idiot i changed them, sold them to a friend and just have never felt right with a set since. i've been looking at them now and they appear to have been developed with a powerpoint technology thingy where it reduces bounce outs. just though i'd throw a post up and see does anyone throw them and how they find them?

I've thrown a few different sets/brands of moveable point darts over the years. I actually preferred the Bottlesens Hammerhead models to the Powerpoint ones. My only problem with the Hammerheads is that there is a finish on the point itself that wears away with age causing the point to be a little looser in the collar.

I have just started throwing with a fixed point again, and believe it or not, I am getting less bounce outs now.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Dexters16

so what is the story with the moveable point? the version i had of them had a fixed point but same dart barrel and grip. i'd prefer to get a fixed point set

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

Dexters16 wrote: »
    so what is the story with the moveable point? the version i had of them had a fixed point but same dart barrel and grip. i'd prefer to get a fixed point set

The general idea is that they are designed not to asborb all of the kinetic energy at the point of the dart when they hit a wire. The point slides back to meet the dart where it is 'hammered' into the board past the wire.

As opposed to a fixed point dart that hits the wire and immediately bouces back away from the board.

It is a transfer of energy from one point to another on the dart.

They are handy enough if you can find a set that you like. I had a set that was hand made by a guy in London Ontario that were the best set that I have ever come across. It's a shame that one of the darts actually broke on my ceramic floor.

Advertisement