Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laser Debit Card Returns

Options
  • 08-01-2009 6:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭

Oh hi all,

Yesterday I had to return an item I purchased with my Laser card, and everything went fine, but I noticed today that the money wasn't returned to my account as of yet. Does anyone know how long it takes for this to happen? I bank with AIB, is it different from bank to bank?

Any help appreciated :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 988 ✭✭✭IsThatSo?

It should only take about 2 days, same as it does to debit the money in the first place. Having said that it depends on whether the shop batch their machine every night. Sometimes the laser transactions can take more than the supposed two days to go through and its because the shop doesn't batch their machine every day.

If you don't have anything after 5 working days then go query it. You should have been given a refund receipt. Hold onto this and you can contact your bank directly if you don't want to go back the the shop yet again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭CCCP^

Thanks IsThatSo? I have the receipt (somewhere) I'll check the account tomorrow and see what's happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

The shop has 45 days or around that to refund you if they dont by that time go to your bank and they get the money from the retailer. its something along those lines

Advertisement