Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What would you change?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭97i9y3941

KatCookie wrote: »
    its open late (remember going there after going to the theatre ages age and it was SO handy!) and its not completely filled with scum bags. Need more reasons?

haha you never been in it about 2-3 o clock in the morn on wkends lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭KatCookie

so we should just move it because there is drunk people outside it after the pubs close? Mad! :rolleyes:

(i had thought of that point but just wanted to gloss over it)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

so we should just move it because there is drunk people outside it after the pubs close? Mad! :rolleyes:

Hot chocolate muffins and ice-creams. I would sell everyone here for one!!! Damn supermacs making me fat :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭ergonomics

Well while you gloss over it, think about the people living nearby! I used to live on William Street which is right beside Supermacs. My boyfriend had the side mirrors snapped off his car countless times, as well as having his windscreen smashed in. We were kept awake nearly every weekend night by fights, and one night we had to go down to the alley at 3am in the pitch black because we truly believed someone had been murdered down there and the Guards weren't doing anything about it.

It doesn't need to be moved completely out of town but I definitely think it should be moved from the centre of town. It may be less accessible but at least then hoards of drunken idiots won't be hanging around it every weekend night.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

ergonomics wrote: »
    Well while you gloss over it, think about the people living nearby! I used to live on William Street which is right beside Supermacs. My boyfriend had the side mirrors snapped off his car countless times, as well as having his windscreen smashed in. We were kept awake nearly every weekend night by fights, and one night we had to go down to the alley at 3am in the pitch black because we truly believed someone had been murdered down there and the Guards weren't doing anything about it.

It doesn't need to be moved completely out of town but I definitely think it should be moved from the centre of town. It may be less accessible but at least then hoards of drunken idiots won't be hanging around it every weekend night.

Moving Supermacs will not solve any of the issues you mention I'm afraid.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭97i9y3941

ergonomics wrote: »

happens alot,guards dont want to know,think they are scared of some of the drunken yobs themselfs

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Threadhead

I think Nightwish pretty much nailed everything when it comes to what sucks in Kilkenny but I'll fire ahead anyway.

1. The awful apartments. The fact that there used to be an awesome view of Kilkenny coming in the Callan Road and now it's just apartments all around the skyline.

2. 1.30 closing times. It never fails to irk me that the people who make these laws are the ones least affected by it. And has it worked? Has it f**k.

3. Unscrupulous politicians. There's enough of them floating around, being the mayor and generally serving themselves. There needs to be a big change in this department.

4. Lack of an alternative nightclub. It's a pain in the hole that you can't go anywhere after hours for a few more drinks and a dance. Also under this, alternative theatre spaces and music venues. Kytelers is helping to redress the music venue problem so we are getting there but more needs to be done.

5. Get a college in.

6. And yeah, Supermacs. I figure it goes without saying.

I'm not even going to make a point about hens and stags because more than anything, it goes without saying.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Supra lover 87

The pubs are open untill 2am now not half one any more.

Supermacs is grand the only people who would have a problem with it is world of warcraft hobits.

Who shouldent be out at that hour around drunk people if all they do is sit in the corner of the pub with a sour puss on there face.

If you think about it whats there to do for anyone who works in kilkenny. By the time your finished work the shops are closed and theres only four things to do go bowling , cinema , pub or drive around.

ya cant drink and drive to work the next day theres only one good movie out every three weeks and thats for two hours and ya cant really bowl every day. that leaves driving around and the gardas hate that pulling everyone over in woodys

• Registered Users Posts: 2,365 ✭✭✭spoonbadger

The pubs are open untill 2am now not half one any more.

Supermacs is grand the only people who would have a problem with it is world of warcraft hobits.

Who shouldent be out at that hour around drunk people if all they do is sit in the corner of the pub with a sour puss on there face.

If you think about it whats there to do for anyone who works in kilkenny. By the time your finished work the shops are closed and theres only four things to do go bowling , cinema , pub or drive around.

ya cant drink and drive to work the next day theres only one good movie out every three weeks and thats for two hours and ya cant really bowl every day. that leaves driving around and the gardas hate that pulling everyone over in woodys
    Wow, what a wonderfully open minded post. Exactly what i expected from someone with a name like "supra lover 87".

-We've talked about piss-heads fighting outside supermacs. Sounds like you're one of them.
    -We've discussed the idiots revving their civics near woodys, and look what your favourite pastime is.

It's great to have such diverse viewpoints in this thread.

And fwiw, there's more to do than bowling, going to the cinema, getting wasted and "drivin' round". However,those are the options that require the least effort/creativity.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

I love Martial Arts so I wish there was more of that in Kilkenny [beyond the one or two days the few existing clubs have]

• Advertisement

Wow, what a wonderfully open minded post. Exactly what i expected from someone with a name like "supra lover 87".

-We've talked about piss-heads fighting outside supermacs. Sounds like you're one of them.
    -We've discussed the idiots revving their civics near woodys, and look what your favourite pastime is.

It's great to have such diverse viewpoints in this thread.

And fwiw, there's more to do than bowling, going to the cinema, getting wasted and "drivin' round". However,those are the options that require the least effort/creativity.....

Whats wrong with my name with a name like spoon badger im in no way a skanger read my profile it says metal music.

I dont drive a civic i drive a voltswagen golf and i dont be up in woodys or reving my engine.

What are you saying about effort and creativity are you trying to say something then i suggest you say it to my face and not act all smart and try make me out to be less than i am.

Theres nothing to do in this city that i can see pitch and put is for kids jeinkeinstown woody is dangerous to walk in after half four and the same with the donmore caves

Whats wrong with my name with a name like spoon badger im in no way a skanger read my profile it says metal music.

I dont drive a civic i drive a voltswagen golf and i dont be up in woodys or reving my engine.

What are you saying about effort and creativity are you trying to say something then i suggest you say it to my face and not act all smart and try make me out to be less than i am.

Theres nothing to do in this city that i can see pitch and put is for kids jeinkeinstown woody is dangerous to walk in after half four and the same with the donmore caves
    Get into sports.

JohnMc1 wrote: »
    I love Martial Arts so I wish there was more of that in Kilkenny [beyond the one or two days the few existing clubs have]
    A different martial art everyday :)

Get into sports.

I am play soccer every thursday play the odd game in the first devision and i want to get into rugby was asked two years ago to join but never knew where to go like

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭kopykat

I am play soccer every thursday play the odd game in the first devision and i want to get into rugby was asked two years ago to join but never knew where to go like
    foulkstown on the waterford road,kilkenny rugby clubs ground,ive been going there since i was 3 years old,(i 19 now btw) and the welcome you get is amazing,you will meet the nicest people and have the best of times,i know i did,if i had to change one thing about kilkenny it would be to make it into a rugby town.i live in limerick now,its the home of rugby and im so much happier here,foulkstown is kilkenny equilavelant to limerick in my eyes,are you any good at rugby?i can get contact details if ya want.

kopykat wrote: »
    foulkstown on the waterford road,kilkenny rugby clubs ground,ive been going there since i was 3 years old,(i 19 now btw) and the welcome you get is amazing,you will meet the nicest people and have the best of times,i know i did,if i had to change one thing about kilkenny it would be to make it into a rugby town.i live in limerick now,its the home of rugby and im so much happier here,foulkstown is kilkenny equilavelant to limerick in my eyes,are you any good at rugby?i can get contact details if ya want.

Have played a few games of it allway watch it on tv so want to start.

Im 6/4 16 stone none of it muscle except legs the only part i worked on in the gym looking for a gym to join for weights.

Every asks me do i play when i meet new people and i got asked by spuddy ya might know him he played for them to join.

heard of him but cant say i know him.from knowing your stats it seems to me that.if your fast your should be a centr,if your not i would suggest,playing lock,allot of strenght needed for that,personally i play full back,if your interested i could teach ya a thing or too,in in kilkenny for a bit cause im on my hols from university.you in the city?

kopykat wrote: »
    heard of him but cant say i know him.from knowing your stats it seems to me that.if your fast your should be a centr,if your not i would suggest,playing lock,allot of strenght needed for that,personally i play full back,if your interested i could teach ya a thing or too,in in kilkenny for a bit cause im on my hols from university.you in the city?

Yeah im from loughboy.
    Whens there season starting up again or is it on now ?

Yeah im from loughboy.
    Whens there season starting up again or is it on now ?
    its now,season started in september,but in kk we have pre season which runs over thr summer,so its basically non stop

A different martial art everyday :)

I don't even think there is enough in Kilkenny for that.

• Advertisement

JohnMc1 wrote: »
    I don't even think there is enough in Kilkenny for that.
    I'd say there is kickboxing twice a week, mma twice a week, There's capoeira, Judo, Jap Jiu jitsu.....Tht's a fair old whack and I know there more clubs than that in town

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭MsFifers

Where can you do capoeira? I've been thinking about giving that a try. :D

MsFifers wrote: »
    Where can you do capoeira? I've been thinking about giving that a try. :D

In Callan IIRC. Its in the old friary thats now an art museum or something like that.

Capoiera is in the cbs hall in the city itself i think, I know it's definately in the city somewhere, If you can trackdown Jimmy trigger on boards ask him(check the body mod forum/music forums). Or if you know him in real life he's the vocalist from Itchy Trigger Finger, Just ask him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭KatCookie

I do Karate, hopefully getting my first grading in March :D

Also: Dunmore Caves dangerous after half four? .. How?
    and Jenkinstown Wood? Thought that was too much out of the way for creeps to hang around in?

people drive up at night and park there cars there and sit in the shelter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭Purry Cat

Nightwish wrote: »
    I know all towns are the same in Ireland when it comes to local politics, but KK's is appalling. I'd get rid of the self serving pr!cks that are on our councils. They rarely seem to do much beyond photo ops in housing estates that got some new flowerbeds.

Well, of all the wishes expressed here, this is one that can actually be fulfilled in the local elections this summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

Purry Cat wrote: »
    Nightwish wrote: »
    I know all towns are the same in Ireland when it comes to local politics, but KK's is appalling. I'd get rid of the self serving pr!cks that are on our councils. They rarely seem to do much beyond photo ops in housing estates that got some new flowerbeds.

Well, of all the wishes expressed here, this is one that can actually be fulfilled in the local elections this summer.

Only sort of!

It depends on who runs against the incumbents.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭Purry Cat

mick_irl wrote: »
    Purry Cat wrote: »

Only sort of!

It depends on who runs against the incumbents.

Go on, Mick, give it a go. Sure everyone here will vote for you. That'll be a start, at least!

• Advertisement

Overthrow the government local council FTW!!

Viva la revoloution!
    Viva la resistance!

Advertisement