Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Phone Won't Show Old Phone Numbers

• 08-01-2009 6:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭

I am with Meteor but bought an O2 Nokia phone and got it unlocked. I put my sim card in and the phone works grand but it wont show my old phone numbers. Is there something I can do here.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

are the numbers stored on the sim card or on your old handset?
    if it was the handset then you'll have to transfer them across

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭O.P.H

Im not sure, how can I tell?

How would I transfer the numbers across.

This wouldnt have anything to do with being with meteor and getting an O2 phone, would it?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

What phone is your old phone and what phone is the new one? Are there any numbers at all in the phonebook? Did your old phone come with a cable?

If there are no numbers it would seem they are all stored on your old phone. You can store contacts on a phone, sim card and both. Usually when moving to a new phone people transfer their contacts to SIM so they can be used on the new phone. Others will have data cables for both phones and will backup messages etc. from the old phone and recover them onto the new phone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

You could try setting up www.zyb.com on both phones and syncing your contacts between devices that way also.

Once you've answered some of Sullys questions I'm sure we'll have the best option for you :)

Advertisement