Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fabric Closing?

Options
  • 08-01-2009 7:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭

heard today that the owner of fabric, ruairis and vals closed them today and handed the keys into bank and blasket and another place arent too far behind. anyone know if this is true or just gossip?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭overexcitedaj

hmm sounds like gossip to me tbh. But youd never know after everything thats happened recently. Ah fabric going wouldnt bother me in the slightest. Bring back a new super bowling alley :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭Vain

hmm sounds like gossip to me tbh. But youd never know after everything thats happened recently. Ah fabric going wouldnt bother me in the slightest. Bring back a new super bowling alley :D

There is a new bowling alley thats ment to be open next month in manor west near denny longs. Iv also heard about fabric and vals

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

heard today that the owner of fabric, ruairis and vals closed them today and handed the keys into bank and blasket and another place arent too far behind. anyone know if this is true or just gossip?
    Gossip i would think,ruaris and the blasket is jammers every weekend,so i doubt that they would be going,fabric is grand,but you have to be off your head to go in there...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭11811

Gossip i would think,ruaris and the blasket is jammers every weekend,so i doubt that they would be going,fabric is grand,but you have to be off your head to go in there...

In fairness, being jammers for about four to five hours a week wouldn't guarantee a place doing well, I imagine that the overheads in these places are huge (they are two big premises) and that mid-week they don't do much business wise.
    I've heard a rumor that a new owner has taken over...
    We'll soon see I'm sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 rebel girl

I would say it is the usual story of somebody with a green eye starting the rumour. In fairness I was in the blasket five nights over xmas and it was nuts.
    There will always be someone to try and put a negative slant on a busy bar/club but the proof of the pudding is in the eating and we see that they are constantly busy!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭dh0661

Shoud this topic be in the Tralee Thread ?

Anyway there has been a lot of discussion about business in Tralee in the last while. A Lot of rumors are floating around the town, best wait until February to see whats happening.

rebel girl wrote: »
    I would say it is the usual story of somebody with a green eye starting the rumour. In fairness I was in the blasket five nights over xmas and it was nuts.
    There will always be someone to try and put a negative slant on a busy bar/club but the proof of the pudding is in the eating and we see that they are constantly busy!
    Yep,id second this..:)

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭manoverboards

What your problem with people with green eyes ??
    Next you will be blamin' it on the ginger people !
    :-)
    rebel girl wrote: »

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭11811

ah well all these places were open this weekend, which had to be one of the quietest ever! there is a hell of a lot of gossip going around about where's closing and what not tho, but thats all it seems to be...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

heard today that the owner of fabric, ruairis and vals closed them today and handed the keys into bank

If he went and just handed the keys into the bank all he'd get is a funny look, you can't just hand the keys of your business or house into the bank if you're in financial trouble, they want real life money not failed ventures :rolleyes:

I'd say is just gossip, Tralee isn't exactly buzzing with hundreds of pubs/clubs to compete with so I doubt Fabric is in that much trouble yet.

• Advertisement

The brother reckoned this eve,and he was adament, that Cliffords cash and carry have bought fabric,funny how the rumour mill churns them out,im still skeptical of it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭chopster

The brother reckoned this eve,and he was adament, that Cliffords cash and carry have bought fabric,funny how the rumour mill churns them out,im still skeptical of it though.

This wouldn't at all be surprising though considering the Clifford brothers Peter and more specifically Con run the nightclub Mangan's, i think it's called, in Cork City down by the alleyway across St. Paul's shopping centre.

First post btw. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 rebel girl

Mangans is a kip-God help Tralee if that is true!

Advertisement