Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

submitting CAO?

Options
  • 08-01-2009 7:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭

I have 3 courses that i really want to put down but seeing 7 empty spaces doesnt seem very good on the level 8 option....and i only have 1 level 7 backup course in mind.....im not sure what else to put down!kinda running out of time to research and all so should i just put down random courses that i might be interested in??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭SarcasticFairy

ooPabsoo wrote: »
    I have 3 courses that i really want to put down but seeing 7 empty spaces doesnt seem very good on the level 8 option....and i only have 1 level 7 backup course in mind.....im not sure what else to put down!kinda running out of time to research and all so should i just put down random courses that i might be interested in??

I'm pretty sure you don't need all 10 spaces to be filled... It doesn't really matter, AFAIK.

I only have 5 courses. I started off with 8, then I was pretty sure I didn't want to do the other 3, so I took them out. I don't have any level 7's down. My careers teacher hasn't said anything and he's seen it finished, so I assume it's okay!

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Paddy001

You don't have to fill them, even just one level 7 or level 8 would do. Also put down the ones you have, then you can do a change of mind anytime before the first of June or something like that, so then you can change your preferences, add more courses etc. Hence the "change of mind" in the name of the service!

Just checked: 5.15pm on the first of July is closing date for change of mind submissions.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

As long as you are happy with what you have put down and are fairly confident that you will get at least one of them then don't waste your time looking at other courses.

I was told in school that I couldn't just put Arts down, so although I knew I would get it, I put down a load of courses I had no interest in. Waste of time tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭SarcasticFairy

Paddy001 wrote: »
    You don't have to fill them, even just one level 7 or level 8 would do. Also put down the ones you have, then you can do a change of mind anytime before the first of June or something like that, so then you can change your preferences, add more courses etc. Hence the "change of mind" in the name of the service!

Just checked: 5.15pm on the first of July is closing date for change of mind submissions.

You can change it for free online up until the 5.15pm on the 1st February. After that it costs €10 every time you want to change it, up until 1st March.

And then it seems to be free after that until July 1st.

Maybe I took that up wrong... I got it from here.
    http://www.cao.ie/index.php?page=aboutCOM

• Registered Users Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

ooPabsoo wrote: »

put down the courses you want and not courses you dont want just to fill space. ask yourself this, if you were offered one of the random space filling courses and not the ones you want, would you take it? if the answer is no, don't waste time putting it down. put down what you want and when the CAO opens up the system for change of mind usually between may 1st and July 1st you can change courses and order of courses as many times as you want. So you still have 6 months to think about it. No rush. The only ones you need to put down now are courses that involve interviews and portfolios (eg Art) as these will take place in the coming months so you have to apply by february for them.

• Advertisement
Advertisement