Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Kanoute facing fine for showing Palestine t-shirt.

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

juvenal wrote: »
    According to whom? I don't necessarily disagree with you, I just believe that there has to be absolute clarity about what's acceptable and what is not.

You cannot censor Kanoute (Palestine), or Fowler (500 Mersey Dockers sacked); yet allow Everton players to wear t-shirts highlighting Madeline McCann's case; or let Gerrard wear a t-shirt referencing the Michael Shields case (Free Michael Now).

Irrespective of the topic and cause, there has to be a consensus on what is allowed and what is not. Either t-shirts with slogans etc are out, or they're in - the subject matter (as long as it's legal in the jurisdiction it's displayed) should be irrelevant.

Judging each case on it's merit will lead to a fiasco, as everyone has varying opinions on what really matters to them.

The McCann case is completely different and the subject matter is relevant. She was pictured in an Everton Jersey all over the place so the club or some of it's players offered their support. Nobody could find that offensive unless they support kidnapping (cue Snyper)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

Both Casillas and Rafa Nadal condemned Israel's attacks on Gaza.

"You will find it impossible to join people and laugh after you see what is happening in the Gaza Strip," 28-year-old Casillas said in an interview with the Fars News Agency.

"I keep telling myself it is against humanity if you don't help children in the Gaza Strip," Nadal, 23, said.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭juvenal

In relation to this, I noticed on today's FA Cup highlights, that Kettering Town's shirt sponsor is 'Palestine'.

Apparently this has been the case since 2007, and the sponsorship is by Interpal, aka the Palestinian Relief and Development Fund, which is a non-political, non-profit making British charity.

I wonder if the Israeli ambassador to the UK will weigh in with their opinion on this image being beamed into homes around the world?;)

Advertisement