Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Heater Control Valve on a Fiesty??

Options
  • 08-01-2009 8:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,010 ✭✭✭

Can anyone tell me if this is an easy enough DIY job or have a link to changing it on a Mrk 4 Fiesty

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

Barr wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me if this is an easy enough DIY job or have a link to changing it on a Mrk 4 Fiesty

Thanks
    Have you garage tools?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,010 ✭✭✭Barr

Yip have plenty of tools - if I know where to start it would be great

• Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭gofaster_s13

30 minute job, the valve is on the top of the bulkhead behind the engine, 4 pipes and 1 plug, biggest job is bleeding the coolant system afterwards, sometimes it bleeds straight away and sometimes its a nightmare(a major ford dealer told me to drill holes in the thermostat flange:eek:)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,010 ✭✭✭Barr

30 minute job, the valve is on the top of the bulkhead behind the engine, 4 pipes and 1 plug, biggest job is bleeding the coolant system afterwards, sometimes it bleeds straight away and sometimes its a nightmare(a major ford dealer told me to drill holes in the thermostat flange:eek:)

Thanks for that seems straight forward enough - just one question why would you want to bleed the coolant system ?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

Water will piss out when you remove the valve.

• Advertisement
Advertisement