Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Switching to O2-Quick Answer?

• 08-01-2009 9:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭

Hola,
    Just wondering if I'm able to switch to O2 over the phone to their customer support people? Or do I have to go into a store to do it?

Muchos go raibh maith agat

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭gcgirl

yeh think yah can!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

go into a store. they need to give you an o2 sim card with your number on it. you might be able to do it over the phone where they post you out a sim card which you then activate but it's just easier in store

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭Cow Moolester

I'll try it again...already have the Sim I got a while ago when I tried to switch to O2. They never switched me over so I thought I'd give Vodafone another chance but they can suck my ballpoint pen now

I'll try it again...already have the Sim I got a while ago when I tried to switch to O2. They never switched me over so I thought I'd give Vodafone another chance but they can suck my ballpoint pen now

it depends on the current state of the sim. the best way is to call them on 1909 or 1850 601 747 for pre pay and ask
    for some reason i read this as mucous go raibh maith agat and wondered why you were offering me snot thanks :D

I can mail you some snot thanks if you want?

• Advertisement

I can mail you some snot thanks if you want?

mmmmm, snot thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 45,619 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Hola,
    Just wondering if I'm able to switch to O2 over the phone to their customer support people? Or do I have to go into a store to do it?

Dont do it !!!!

Why?

Vodafone are complete idiots... I asked to revert to Pay as you Go from Bill Pay and somehow they took that as deleting my number completely?

O2 said they'd port me over

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

O2s usually cheaper I find and has excellent customer service. The only forum is very useful also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

if vodafone deleted your number 02 can't give the number as they will find the MSISDN(Mobile Number) isn't available, Ring vodafone and ask them to re instate your number that it was an error on their part and you want compo;) Vodafone is better than 02 but if you insist on moving to 02 you'll need vodafone to activate you on ready to go first, Cancelling of numbers when moving to Speakeasy/ Ready to Go does happen on all the networks- I've seen it over the years but Meteor wouldn't reinstate the number, Rant over:L

• Advertisement
Advertisement