Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mobo and PSU dilemma

Options
  • 08-01-2009 9:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭

Due to a number of other peoples mishaps i have a random collection of parts to upgrade my pc with.

I need some expert advice on which parts to use to create the best pc i can with whats available. I have €100 to spend on whichever part i should get. This is what i have:

CPU: E6850

Motherboards:
    AW9 D-Max (needs atx12v 2.1/2 PSU

6Gb of various ram in 1gb pairs 800mhz to 1066mhz

PSU Antec Bp500u (not atx12v 2.1/2) Antec Neo 550 (broken) can be RMAed and is atx12v 2.1/2.

2x Sapphire 512mb HD 4870s

Atm im using a P4 pc with one HD4870 in it, the AW9 is Crossfire but old, to make it work i need a new PSU. So i can buy a new one or RMA the 550. Or i can buy a new motherboard a newer model.

PSU or Mobo ?

Anyone got an opinion on what i should get/do. Whatever i dont use will go on adverts, not particularly bothered by Crossfire but am in a position where i could use it.

thanks

Advertisement