Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GALWAY RALLY

• 08-01-2009 9:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭

ANYONE GOING TO THE GALWAY RALLY NEXT WEEKEND?
    SHOULD BE A BIT OF CRAIC

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Where is the damn thing on in Galway? I'm looking around and can't really find any details it looks like they want me to buy a guide to find out locations.

I live in North Galway so was hoping to catch a bit if possible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭De Hipster

ScumLord wrote: »
    Where is the damn thing on in Galway? I'm looking around and can't really find any details it looks like they want me to buy a guide to find out locations.

I live in North Galway so was hoping to catch a bit if possible.

Buy the programme, all the information you will need for the weekend & helps keep irish motorsport healthy & club organisation voluntary.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 354 ✭✭fergalfrog

Taken from: http://www.galwayinternationalrally.com

There are 17 challenging and demanding stages awaiting the competitors. The rally will visit North Galway on Saturday the 17th, with 9 stages in the Abbeyknockmoy area. The stages will each be run 3 times, with 2 visits to service in Oranmore during the day. Sunday the 18th will see the competitors tackle 8 stages in the South Galway area, around Gort before the winning car returns to the finish ramp in Eyre Square on Sunday evening.

I too live in North Galway (williamstown) - we'll have to go up to Tuam to get the progamme! I agree with De Hipster in that you should buy the programme to support the event. They're talking about it right now on Galway Bay FM. Wild weather promised for tomorrow so bring your jacket!

Where in Tuam can I get the program?

See:

http://www.galwayinternationalrally.com/outlets.html

for a full list of outlets selling the programme

• Advertisement

I'm not going to be able to buy a program by the morning. I'll buy one tomorrow but I can't get to Tuam this evening - I know I should have bought one sooner but I thought the times/locations would be available online.

Can anyone tell me what time the first car will be through in Abbeyknockmoy tomorrow. Please PM me if you don't want to post here.

I just don't want to go up there at 8am and nothing on til 10 or go up too late and miss it all.

Thanks.

Competitor Time & Distance Schedule:

FCD Start Ramp Oranmore : 8.00am
    FCD Service-in : 8.00am
    FCD Service Out: 8.20am

SS1 Start Control FCD: 8.52am

Rest available here: http://www.irish-rallying.com/download_redir.php?download_id=090112_114825

I thought they where going to be in North Galway? How is Oranmore north Galway?

That's Parc Fermé & Service area, they leave from there in the morning to head for the stages...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,109 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

I forgot the rally was coming up. Better get a pair of earplugs to prevent possible deafness courtesy of all the northern muppets who descend on Salthill like the plague.

• Advertisement

ScumLord wrote: »
    I thought they where going to be in North Galway? How is Oranmore north Galway?

You can see what roads are being used around Abbey and Colmanstown at:

http://www.galway.ie/en/Services/RoadsTransportation/Methodsofnetworkcontrol/TemporaryClosures/Listofclosures/Temporary%20Closure%20of%20Roads-Rally(Decided)2009.pdf

...working out where these roads are is another job! I am just going to head to Abbey in the morning and ask someone. I have got a general idea from looking the place names up on google maps

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭alfaromeo84

Back from the rally, and its easy to see the cut backs. The lack of top machinery, the over abundance of Civic, lack of crowds. Nothing wrong with Civics btw, good cheap reliable rallying. It was a disappointment overall i thought.

I think the events proximity to Rally Ireland WRC would not have helped with attracting spectators, weather omits the 'fair weather' fans too. I usually would be either involved or spectating at the Galway event, I didn't go this year as RI is only two weeks away...

The downturn is almost certainly going to have an effect with a lot of the 'BIG money' competitors hailing from construction & associated industries.

Good to hear though that the new Civic cup sounds like it is likely to be healthy for 2009.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭oneofakind32

Anyone know where a list of the final standings can be found online!? I know Donnelly won, I'm just wondering how the foreigners fared!?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Anyone know where a list of the final standings can be found online!? I know Donnelly won, I'm just wondering how the foreigners fared!?
    http://rally.connect.ie/results.php?rally=GY09

Rautenbach was struggling, the car dropped a cylinder and he binned it on Sunday afternoon. Burkhart retired from 15th o/a at the end of Day 1 but was out on Sunday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭liam7831

I thought it was a very good event well run and all the stages were on time so fair play to GMC.

Dunno what you are on about when talking about the recession. The entry list top ten will match any rally this year excluding the wrc in relation to top notch machinery.

Advertisement