Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying Coal

Options
  • 08-01-2009 9:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭

I used to get my coal directly from Arigna in north Roscommon but I can't rely on them at the moment as demand has outstripped supply and the last time I was there the yard was completely empty! :rolleyes:

So I bought ten 40kg bags from a company in Co Fermanagh. It was €15 per 40kg bag which was pretty good value as it was delivered to my home but I wasn't too impressed by the quality of the coal so I don't want to go back to them unless I really have to. I was paying €7.10 for a 20kg bag of Ecobrite smokeless nuggets from Arigna. The exact same coal is €8.25 at Connaught Gold :rolleyes: :rolleyes: and something similar is well over €9 at Hunter's Coals. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:.

Where can I get reasonably priced bagged coal nuggets for use in a stove?

Thanks! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

Sorry I can't help, but you've just answered a question for me.
    The local shop said they can't get anymore cosy glo coal and its made in Arigna....so I guess thats why.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭becah

don't know if it's out of your way, but I remember seeing some recently in 4Home Superstores in Carrick-on-Shannon (the roscommon side) last time I was there, maybe call them to double-check first? their number is 071-96-71236

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭genie

Thanks for your replies. Didn't realise that you can't get Arigna coal in the shops now as when I was there last they only had enough to supply shops and garages and not from their own yard.

Anyway, will be away for a week so will see what the situation is like when I get back.

Advertisement