Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I'm as mad as hell, and I'm not going to take it any more!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Lets cleanse Ireland of Fianna Fail, and every single person who has supported them in the last twenty years.

And by that I mean genocide.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭KerranJast

BAWW! I not even supposed to be in here today!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Lets cleanse Ireland of Fianna Fail, and every single person who has supported them in the last twenty years.

And by that I mean genocide.

Bit harsh don't you think? Not the first part about cleansing Ireland of FF...that I agree with!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭trentf

The sad fact of the matter is really politicians or big business don't give a flying f((k about people really. They only care about either one of 2 things

(1) staying in power
    (2) getting a lot of money for themselves and to hell with the rest

Its really a problem with capitalism in general to be honest. We put these super incompetent people in power especially in this country, i mean who in their right mind put biffo in power? The guy looks like he belongs on a spit roast.

Anyway the main issue is that politicians don't give a hoot about people and neither do big mulitnational businesses. With the dell losses of jobs today they paraded themselves out to make it look like they gave a damn and said 'oh we visited mr dell and tried to save the jobs'. They knew damn well that dell was going to close many months before it did, the employees as usual were informed last. The P.R excercise of visiting michael dell and co in texas and 'begging' them to stay is for them to come out when the anger gets directed at them and then they can say as they did 'but we tried look we went over at the last minute and begged him' . Looking to get themselves off the hook as usual.

All's well with these people when times are good and the general public aren't on the look out for what they are really at because people are doing ok financially to pay attention to the inadequacies of the government planning on a regular basis. Did these people plan for events like this when we were doing well economically?. Nope, they were too busy wasting money on tribunals and fighting over petty party issues in the dail. Children we have running this country immature children in adults bodies playing out their spats on the playground they never got over as children.

They should have been encouraging indegenious industries to set up and focus the country on exports, not running around begging U.S industry to relocate here. I see on the news the worried look of minister O'Dea and co and it says it all really ' we have no plan b, nada, nothing...time to go to plan A i.e off to beg for more industry to set up here, till the next time they find cheaper labour costs in china and vacate the place' . Folks we don't tend to elect bright intelligent people in this country and the ones we do are as corrupt as ......

We need a change in governance to more accountability and more running of it by skilled members of the public on rotary basis rather then electing these fraudsters who remain in power year after year making themselves rich and powerful, wasting time and energy bickering over non issues and not looking after the general public's interest. Look to these people to play the race, nationality card next as they seek a scapegoat for their own incompentencies. This time, however, its not going to work as people are getting smart to their ploy's.

Yet again the most vunerable of society get the short end of the straw. The orginial poster's perfectly represents what ive been saying for months now people are getting increasingly frustrated with this governments direction and where it is leading the country and i predict that we will have a drastic series of events quite soon..

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

galwayrush wrote: »
    After hearing people in Mayo backing brass neck Cooper Flynn all the way after what was exposed this week, i'm just going to give up.:mad:

I wondered about this as well... I mean, she was kicked out of Fianna Fail for corruption?!! Jaysus

• Advertisement

I mean, she was kicked out of Fianna Fail for corruption?!! Jaysus

...I'm sure she utilises 'the Jackeen media is out to get me' line when she is home to get sympathy. Lowry is incredibly popular in Tipp as well and he was implicated in corupt dealings a few years back and was booted out of FG. Gets elected as an Independent. Thing is thought that unlike FF with Flynn, he hasn't been welcomed back into the FG camp.

It's parish-pump politics that is the key here....you get something done for the community you represent and they will elect you regardless of the bigger picture.
    Yet again the most vunerable of society get the short end of the straw. The orginial poster's perfectly represents what ive been saying for months now people are getting increasingly frustrated with this governments direction and where it is leading the country and i predict that we will have a drastic series of events quite soon..

Will people take to the streets though? And I mean not just a few hundred professional protestors but several thousand ordinary joes?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Well I am the government and even though youre mad as hell youre still gonna take it!Now bend over!!!
    *gets lu....*Feck it.Recession means no lube for any of ye!!!!!!!!:mad:

Really though I want someone with brains in charge:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

I reckon we should start building a few stadiums and get in the running for a European Championship or a joint World Cup bid. It'd provide jobs, the cost would most likely be reclaimed in the long run with tourism etc, give everyone something to look forward to in these times of desperation.

That said, after the whole Bertie Bowl thing, it'll be next millenium before anything gets done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

Will people take to the streets though? And I mean not just a few hundred professional protestors but several thousand ordinary joes?

If that happens i will eat my own cock.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭Darragh29

Stekelly wrote: »
    Why? None of the other parties (bar SF maybe but by christ we dotn want them in charge) will want to take over at the minute. This is a global recession that isnt going away. The opposition will want to sit tight where they are for the time being, bemoan every single thign the government do whether it's good, bad or indifferent and see how this year pans out . Then maybe push for a GE next year if it looks liek things could be about to turn around so they can catch the updraft and take the credit, while sayign that if we had elected them earlier we could have been out of all this much sooner.

Why??? 'Cos this is what I see in front of me now when I see Brian Cowen on the TV...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭badabinbadaboom

trentf wrote: »
    i mean who in their right mind put biffo in power? The guy looks like he belongs on a spit roast.

OH JESUS!!!! Thats the worst tought to have ever entered my mind.....EVER!!!:eek::eek:

The way things are going you may live to regret those words..

trentf wrote: »
    The way things are going you may live to regret those words..

hardly.

OH JESUS!!!! Thats the worst tought to have ever entered my mind.....EVER!!!:eek::eek:
    And now we know your mind is a filthy one :D
    ......OH GOD NOW IM DOIN IT!!!!!!:eek::eek:

wouldnt that belong in S&S:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

Governments cannot run properly unless the whole system is rehashed every 5 years or so

i mean who in their right mind put biffo in power? The guy looks like he belongs on a spit roast.

Roast himself and Harney and you could feed the 5,000. Several times over.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

the president has the power and so do the people, all that's called for is an uprising.....or online petition:)

trouble is what happens then, what happens to social order....

I think we should elect a King and Queen of boards.ie and let them run the country anythings worth a shot at this stage....

No thanks, if that did happen we'd be like china

Censorship like a mofo

Governments cannot run properly unless the whole system is rehashed every 5 years or so
    By the looks of our government they cant run at all :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

Stekelly wrote: »
    Where we all the threads giving out about everyone gettign paid so much and how we should keep wages down? Everyone was quite happy for their pay to keep going up and up.

+1. This post should be stickied.
    I think we should elect a King and Queen of boards.ie and let them run the country anythings worth a shot at this stage....

Pighead and G'em. Pighead in particular would be well suited to politics. He already has that uncanny knack all politicians have for talking about their own screwups as if they were someone else's.

And if that happens, I will ask for lessons.

• Advertisement

Inaction this time is not an option. Yes we should physically march on the dail and kick this shower out. The df and gardai won't stand against 20,000 - 30,000 people. This crowd only numbers about 60 at most.

When any government becomes as incompentent and corrupt as this lot then its up to the people to excercise their right to expel them, forcibly, if needs be.

The people in this country have become so meek, lazy minded and weak that the government could be boning them and they'd turn around and say ' its ok just don't hurt me too bad, ill be good', they don't care they are so apathetic they turn around and say ' but what can i do im just little me, nothing will change, just more of the same'

yeah your right nothing will change if you have an attitude like that, thats for sure, we will be continually shafted until we have nothing left. You wanna live like that, in the hope things will get better when the ship is sinking? Thats called an excercise in futility. A change in the system of governent is what we need not a change in government. We need new rules to ensure people never serve for years on end and that people in government should be skilled members of the public serving on a rotary basis. No more special interest groups and backhanders. More oversight of what these people are actually doing is badly needed in this country and it should be monitored independently.

We need wake the f up and change things.

javaboy wrote: »
    And if that happens, I will ask for lessons.

Hey, ya gotta upskill......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Pub07

What this country needs now is as serious MARCH TO PROTEST AT THE UTTER INCOMPETENCE OF THE GOVERNEMT and let all the media outlets know that that is the sole reason for it. Dont say 'they are ****ing up the health service' or 'they are too weak on crime' just give the blanket statement 'we are here because they are utterly incompetant'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Pub07

someone should set a date.

Pub07 wrote: »
    someone should set a date.
    Feb 9th

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭Darragh29

What we need is a single focal point, a website or something like that, dedicated to a national day of protest against the government.

Something like

www.fupp-off-yous-useless-grassholes.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭banshee_bones

yes indeed you do get what you vote for...
    and ftw i am from Mayo (not something im proud of btw)
    and believe me not everyone loves that bev.cooper flynn. I recognise her for the scamming crook that she is.

Think we should organise something similar to the ending in V for Vendetta! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭tech77

skelliser wrote: »
    im also as mad as hell, and I'm not going to take it any more!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dib2-HBsF08

Yep that's what the OP was going for.
    Imagine Dobbo pulling something like that on six one tomorrow. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭sprinklesspanky

hardly.

Oh you'll see it! Wait until houses start getting repossessed en mass. The people will be out in streets in force.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

Oh you'll see it! Wait until houses start getting repossessed en mass. The people will be out in streets in force.

I think he was joking about not regretting the eating his own knob bit.

Had I known flexibility had such uses, would I have scoffed at gymnastic classes all those years ago? :(

Advertisement