Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Halford's wheel deals.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

Tis a good deal alright.

Pity they look crap but..yeah, good deal.
    think they're going for 450/500 down here.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Not a great wheel imo, but that's to your own taste.

Cheap wheel all the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Not a great wheel imo, but that's to your own taste.

Cheap wheel all the same.

+1

If you like them, go for them. But if you have a bit more money to spend you could pick up a second hand of much nicer alloys

• Registered Users Posts: 73,459 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

ClioV6 wrote: »
    Tis a good deal alright.

Pity they look crap but..yeah, good deal.
    think they're going for 450/500 down here.

Pretty sure I saw them for 299 before xmas. horrid looking wheel, but you're getting (equally nasty) tyres as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Six of One

Thanks all! Find it as hard to distinguish between nice looking alloys as I would nice looking teabags. Actually thought these looked fine. Either way, I've bald tyres and 200 euro so they will do the job nicely! ;) They'll have to! I'm sure they'll look better then my current hubcapped wheels anywho.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

for 200 euro you could keep buying a pair instead of buying tyres haha.

They look grand really. Wouldnt be my cuppa but Im sure they'd look just grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 RonnieT

Not to put a dampener on things, but your tyres are the only point of contact between your entire car and the road... and I can't see the manufacturer's name anywhere in the Halfords post or even read it from the pic.

Good or bad tyres and made a HUGE difference to the handling, braking ability and overall driveability and safety of your car. Putting these on could really change how your car feels to drive.

You're getting plenty of opinions on the look of the wheels, but few on the performance of the attached tyres.

Seriously - see if you can find out what tyres these are supplied with (I'm guessing they don't say as it might vary from day to day) and google the name for a few reviews. They could be a pleasant surprise... or they could be plasticy rubbish with next to no grip.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

RonnieT wrote: »
    Not to put a dampener on things, but your tyres are the only point of contact between your entire car and the road... and I can't see the manufacturer's name anywhere in the Halfords post or even read it from the pic.

Good or bad tyres and made a HUGE difference to the handling, braking ability and overall driveability and safety of your car. Putting these on could really change how your car feels to drive.

You're getting plenty of opinions on the look of the wheels, but few on the performance of the attached tyres.

Seriously - see if you can find out what tyres these are supplied with (I'm guessing they don't say as it might vary from day to day) and google the name for a few reviews. They could be a pleasant surprise... or they could be plasticy rubbish with next to no grip.

+1. This man speaks the truth

• Registered Users Posts: 73,459 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

all well and good saying that lads, but he's on a tight budget.

But there's truth in there, I'd go with a good set of tyres now and look for the wheels later.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭tu2j2

A set of "Kinforest" tires on those halfords wheels in the picture......... Hmmmmm..

I'm sure you can get better tire's on your chosen wheels in halfords but that probably doesn't apply to special offers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Six of One

Just to say thanks for the thoughts. Good points made about the tyres. In the end I just bought two decent tyres for the front wheels and will think about new wheels when I can afford to!

Advertisement