Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

One4All Vouchers - any lens stockists accept them?

• 08-01-2009 10:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,275 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone know of a camera shop that accepts the One4All vouchers?

I've looked through the list of shops on their site and there doesn't seem to be any listed though I know some shops that take their vouchers that aren't listed (e.g. Golden Discs).

Background is I've €100 worth of these and want the Canon 50mm f1.8 I know the lens can be had cheaper than that on-line but there's honestly nothing else I can think of I want and less than two months in, the kit 18-55 lens is letting me down in low light when trying to get shots of my daughter.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭PaulieC

unfortunately only the camera centre on Grafton street (or Blanchardstown centre) accept them. The nifty fifty is probably waaayyy overpriced in there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,275 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Found them online: 119.99 for the nifty fifty...

http://www.camera.ie/slr-lenses/canon/

Would it be madness to spend this much on it? Any opinions?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭whyulittle

Well, if you have absolutely nothing else to spend the voucher on, it's only going to cost you €20 cash.

If you're not in a huge rush, you could see if you could see the voucher at a bit of a loss on adverts.ie, and get the lens somewhere online for much less.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

I got a nikon 50mm in blanch a couple of weeks ago for 125. I think that was the average price. It was the last one in stock so ring ahead if you are travelling far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 164 ✭✭pippatee

Yup, as mentioned, The Camera Cente will take em ... I used some in the Square at Christmas ... over-priced but I got the vouchers through my wages tax-free so, it kinda levelled out ..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

Picked up a canon 50mm (from jessops)very overpriced i.m.o for £79(€89).So if you could flog the voucher for eighty,if you're ever up north you could get one with a tenner on top..Or just go the ebay route

As whyyoulittle said,if you have nothing else at all to get(and if you did;nt buy it yourself in the first place)Paying an extra €20 for a 50mm isn't bad..And as its in Dublin you've got comeback easily more than ebay

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

Just to add the 50mm is great will be good for shots of kids but as the dof is very shallow you'll have to be quick,or the kids will have to stand still :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Daz R1

Know for a fact the camera shop in the Blanch centre is looking for €380 for a 50mm F1.4 and thats with a "im doing ya a deal there bud" :D
    How i didnt laugh in his face !!!

Ricky91t wrote: »
    Just to add the 50mm is great will be good for shots of kids but as the dof is very shallow you'll have to be quick,or the kids will have to stand still :pac:
    Should've mentioned, she's 3 months old so she's still quite easy to catch with the camera at the moment. Just can't really use the flash as it startles her a little.

Thanks for all the feedback. Looking at ebay the fifty looks like it'd cost me 80 or so including postage... hmm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Dodgykeeper

If you are near Tallaght/Templeogue I will give you €100 for the vouchers, they take them in Superquinn so can get the groceries with them!

• Advertisement

Thanks for the offer DodgyKeeper but the other half has come up with something we need that we can buy with the vouchers so I'll have to wait until next month for some spare cash to get myself the lens :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭PaulieC

Sleepy wrote: »
    Thanks for the offer DodgyKeeper but the other half has come up with something we need that we can buy with the vouchers so I'll have to wait until next month for some spare cash to get myself the lens :(

I got one of these from work at xmas. I 'sold' it to the house management account for 100 quid :p

Advertisement