Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I think this was my best looking model EVER

• 08-01-2009 10:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭

3179845235_a4672e7852.jpg?v=0
    3179845257_6acc0777ac.jpg?v=0
    3180693632_c8f7474769.jpg?v=0
    3180693650_638a08728b.jpg?v=0

c&c gratefully accepted

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

love 3 and 4 great shots!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭RichyX

Great expression in the first shot, lovely eyes too.
    The second shot reminds me of a monster from some 80's scifi or horror film!

Are the dogs ears are naturally like that?
    Not sure I've seen one where the ears sit on the dogs head in such a way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

Thats his little inquisitive face, he's only a baby.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

Wow great shots,i see you're making the most of the f/1.8 aperture on the 50mm?

No.2 is the only weaker image of them as its slightly soft on the eyes focused more on the eyebrows?

Still can't fault them i'd be very happy if they were photos of my dog

Nice puppy too :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

I think I'd agree on it being your best model :pac:

Background seems to ruin the shots for me. Great photos otherwise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭samhail

sure anyone with those puppy dogs eyes could make a photo great ! :)

I like the last one most, since (s)he isnt looking at the camera. gives a deeper picture.
    also could try an light outer glow of white on your copyright to make it stand out a bit more (espicially in pic 3)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,275 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

C&C from my partner "awwhh look!!!"

Followed by - "Can we get a dog like that?"

So if you're taking them as commercial shots - job done!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭shepthedog

I really like this set with 2 and 3 being the stand out shots... Really well lit and what a cool little subject..

Well this little baby is in need of a home, he is currently being fostered by friends of ben, I have a dof with them and saw him and asked could I take his picture as he is so gorgeous. Pics should appear on their new website when it is finished.

I agree with the soft focus on the eyes in no 2 ricky, still getting used to the nifty, is it me or does it not hold focus for long? and puppies move fast!

I cant decide on a sig, I want one but they just dont feel right to me at all. I'll decide one day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

I like the shots and I was just going to say I wasn't mad on the cropping until I read your 2nd post which said they were for a website and then I got your drift.
    The pup certainly gives my Gucci a run for her money as cutest dog though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

Well I think i should ban you or infract you for false advertising in your thread title :D (except Cabansail or Calina would probably reverse it anyways so not much point really).

I don't know much about pet photography but i think these are aesthetically really nice work. Well done.

If that guy needs a home and those pics go up on a web site then he'll move quicker than the eye can see - of course then you are going to have a queue of strays at your front door looking for their photographs to be taken!

Technically you've gotten the light right, the focus right on most (2 i think was mentioned) and you've gotten some really nice angles and close ups.

Good work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,263 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

3rd one is superb

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭City-Exile

I think the 4th is the best.
    Cropping the ear in the 3rd ruins it for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

I love the shots, especially 3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,198 ✭✭✭kensutz

Agree with City Exile. The crop is a bit too tight for number 3. Still very good pics.

Thanks guys. Number 3 hasnt been cropped at all, actually I dont think any of those were, still getting used to the limitations of the 50mm and number 3 the pup just lifted his head.

I am so glad he doesnt live here with me because I wwould be over run with pics of him. I'm delighted with so many good responses, thanks guys.

Advertisement