Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky refer a friend and both get €75 each

Options
  • 08-01-2009 10:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭

Does anyone know how long this takes to get the actual cheque (from your experience .. or a mates)? Sky seem clueless but know I signed up for it.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 837 ✭✭✭CutzEr

We tried to do it the other day..

'Please wait 28 minutes'

It's like 31c a minute.. And it would probably take another 28 minutes.. You would have spent your €75 on the phone before you got the cheque :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

That mate who refered me got his cheque before Xmas I've just found out. I signed up in December. I still haven't got mine.

Looks like I'm gonna have to start cracking heads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

when i originally got sky in i tried signing up for that refer a friend thing but the number provided was always diverted to the main sky customer care line who would always refuse to handle the call saying to ring the original number again! it seemed like a vary expensive scam!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 DVDMAN

did u ever try emailing your details to them instead. avoid the phone charges

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

DVDMAN wrote: »
    Never got a response to emails. Called them back a few times and kept getting nonsense replys. About a month ago I got a letter to say it was credited to my account.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

DVDMAN wrote: »
    yes and i got a response stating the only way to apply was by ringing the special number and keep ringing on the off chance it was answered rather than being diverted to people who would refuse to deal with the call! this scam is one of the reasons i no longer have sky!

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭spongbob

how many people in live in ireland that would be calling sky's customer care number at any one given time id say over 100 maybe alot more..

i think you need to catch them at the right moment when someone elses call is finnished you might get lucky to be the next call they anser. ever tried ringing the radio station for free concert tickets compatition.. the whole country rings at the same time and the spead dial button is pure usless :D

keep in there guys you will get there in the end

• Registered Users Posts: 7,678 ✭✭✭Trampas

I have got free money from them.

Requires your friend refering you and you ringing up after they get connected.

Then they will send out the cheque.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭padocon

Hi there OP,
    Im having the same problem, I signed up for Sky (edit)Mar 4th, still haven't got mine.
    I must call them, because as far as I know it's send after the 1st payment is made.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭tagoona

I did this last year.
    Recommended my sister in law.
    I totally got the run-around, until she hasd been signed up for at least 3 months. After that, the next time I phoned, they sent the cheque out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36 Lyndan

Hey All.

The number to call for the refer a friend package is 0818,719,313 select option 1. I just called and was straight through.

My problem is that my friend received his cheque about a month ago but I have not. I was told today that I am eligible because I got my recordable box for 24.50euro therefore that was offer I selected. I explained that when i called to sign up i was told sure if you get the box at 24.50 and then the installation is 50.00 by the time you get your cheque back it will have been free....they said that this as incorrect.

I am so annoyed I asked to be put through to cancellations department, I was told they wouldnt talk to me as I was still in contract. So I asked who do I talk to when I was unhappy with the service, I have to write a letter. So im writing my letter today requesting cancellation - im canceling my direct debit today they are getting nothing else out of me.

Has anyone a similar experience of the above? Or experience of cancelling while still in contract?

Cheers
    Lynn

• Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

Random wrote: »
    Does anyone know how long this takes to get the actual cheque (from your experience .. or a mates)? Sky seem clueless but know I signed up for it.

Thanks

mine took about 4 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Lyndan wrote: »
    Hey All.

The number to call for the refer a friend package is 0818,719,313 select option 1. I just called and was straight through.

My problem is that my friend received his cheque about a month ago but I have not. I was told today that I am eligible because I got my recordable box for 24.50euro therefore that was offer I selected. I explained that when i called to sign up i was told sure if you get the box at 24.50 and then the installation is 50.00 by the time you get your cheque back it will have been free....they said that this as incorrect.

I am so annoyed I asked to be put through to cancellations department, I was told they wouldnt talk to me as I was still in contract. So I asked who do I talk to when I was unhappy with the service, I have to write a letter. So im writing my letter today requesting cancellation - im canceling my direct debit today they are getting nothing else out of me.

Has anyone a similar experience of the above? Or experience of cancelling while still in contract?

Cheers
    Lynn

Some points to note here
    • You will be liable for any monies owing due to the early termination of the contract. Sky will be quite within their rights (as outlined in the contract) to pursue you for this money.
    • Simply cancelling your direct debit does not cancel the contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭padocon

Got mine!

Advertisement