Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Alfa 156 strange problem

Options
  • 08-01-2009 10:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭

Something must be wrong, I have an '99 Alfa 156 which has 120k miles but

nothing has ever gone wrong with it, even in this cold spell, its starts and runs fine, the doors work fine :)

what could be wrong ? I've checked the badge on the back and its definately Alfa 156 :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

You do know that you've jinxed it now? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭alfarocks

Ah jayus sorry to hear it, hopefully a scrapage scheme turns up somewhere so you can offload that nasty reliable yoke :D

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Serves you right for looking after it.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭samhail

have you looked under the passenger seat. i think thats the problem.

alfa's ftw.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

timing belt to throw itself tomorrow...sorry to hear that...:P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭kyote00

spoke too soon .... I "had" to fill the windscreen washer bottle this morning...

damn Alfa ....do you think I could get a refund for this fault...:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

sorry I can't believe that this is an Alfa....
    this has to be trolling!!!!!!!!!!!!! an alfa isn't that reliable:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 447 ✭✭siralfalot

ROFPMSL! :cool:

funny you should mention it, I have actually had to do the first bit of work on my car (besides regular servicing) in 20k miles this week, inner driveshaft and boot were worn on the passenger side, and it too has 120,000 miles on the clock, not bad me thinks :D

I do love my wee Alfa :cool:

P1060179.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Well, you're a lucky man then, I had one for about 3 months and it had every electrical glitch known to man. My personal favourite being if you reached 60mph, about one in 3 times the entire dashboard cluster would shut down. Speedo, Tacho, Fuel Gauge, Backlights, you name it. Meant that you'd always end up driving at 55 just to be sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,368 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

kyote00 wrote: »

nothing has ever gone wrong with it, even in this cold spell, its starts and runs fine, the doors work fine :)

what could be wrong ? I've checked the badge on the back and its definately Alfa 156 :confused:

You obviously got a faulty one. Id give it back:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 447 ✭✭siralfalot

ned78 wrote: »
    Well, you're a lucky man then, I had one for about 3 months and it had every electrical glitch known to man. My personal favourite being if you reached 60mph, about one in 3 times the entire dashboard cluster would shut down. Speedo, Tacho, Fuel Gauge, Backlights, you name it. Meant that you'd always end up driving at 55 just to be sure.

aha!! the special "Gay Byrne" edition, very rare, it was only trying to keep you safe by keeping your speed down!! :P:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 723 ✭✭✭3ps

alfa appreciation time:

CIMG0390.jpg

CIMG0392.jpg

CIMG0394.jpg

CIMG0045.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭sunshinediver

kyote00 wrote: »

I think you should buy a ticket for the euromillions tonight.. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭the beerhunter

the protective plastic thingy on the front badge of my '00 156 came off a while back so now the colour on it is fading. next time a meet an italian i'm going to give 'em a dig to show i'm unimpressed with the standard of their engineering.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

siralfalot wrote: »
    P1060179.jpg

...ah bollix........you've just underlined now why I really need to shift my 9-3 Combi Sport.......I have the right engine.......it's just in the wrong car.....:D

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

Advertisement