Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Violin Lessons in Galway?

Options
  • 08-01-2009 10:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭

As the title suggests, I'm on the lookout for some violin lessons in Galway. I did an introductory course a year or so ago, but I guess I'm still very much beginner standard! Had a look online but couldn't find much. Any suggestions would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,953 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

GTI (the tech on Father Griffin Road) are enrolling for their second term right now.They do violon lessons amongst other instuments.I've never met anyone who did violin there but I've heard great things about classes there in lots of other instruments.I hear they're reasonably priced.
    Link : http://www.gti.ie/music/index.php

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭Ian C

Will have a look, cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭dr_funkenstein

Hi IanC

did you have any luck in finding lessons? I tried to register on the GTI website but theres something wrong with the database, bombs out.

Does anyone know of any other private lessons around the city? I would love to try to play the violin.. but I would be a total beginner.. and aged 26 :eek:

cheers!

I had problems registering on that site too. I've been tied up elsewhere in recent weeks, so haven't gotten back to investigating lessons in Galway.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

I'll make an inquiry regarding the lessons. A friend of mine plays bass in The Rye (violin player in band) so will ask him does he know. I may forget so please PM if I don't get back to this, house hunting so very very very busy. BTW are you in Galway City or surrounds, can you travel etc etc etc. Just so I have the info if necessary.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭dr_funkenstein

thanks happyoutscan! Will be much appreciated. I'm in the city, so preferably near the city. I can travel a bit though.

I can find some people who teach the fiddle. I'm wondering if it'll be the same to start from scratch. Learn how to properly hold, play, scales, etc.

IanC, did you do your course in galway?

IanC, did you do your course in galway?

Afraid not, did it up in Dublin. I'm only new to Galway myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Was that number any good for you guys?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 luvablelizzie

Im a violin/fiddle teacher located in galway city, very close to Renmore. Im only taking on a few more students as places are getting pretty full, but give me a shout on 085-xxxxx and I'll try and fit you in. I do terms of 8 weeks and the prices are reasonable.

p.s. sorry about big writing, I didnt have the option for making it smaller in this post for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Bit old this thread and OPs issue has already been addressed

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement